1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martin (1992-1997)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Secrets5, May 12, 2016.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Okay, so I was on YouTube and a ''black people watch FRIENDS'' for the first time came up, so I watched that. Then on the other video it said ''white people watch Martin'' for the first time. I was thinking that since FRIENDS and Martin were paired together then they would be similar in style (following watching they were both sitcoms, which I like). Thing is, for both shows they showed what was considered the worst episode, and the quality weren't too good so for Martin (I've already memorized FRIENDS) I couldn't tell what was being said.

So I was wondering, If anybody has watched it, how close to FRIENDS was it in terms of jokes and style? And what was your overall thoughts of the progression of the show?

I'm thinking I need a new sitcom since I've been watching FRIENDS for the past nine years, and I seem to like the 90s era. Going to start from the beginning with ''We'll be for you: providing you're white, cis, straight, middle class and don't disobey traditional gender expression/roles.'' It'd give me something critical to do whilst watching, but I'd like a new-old sitcom as well.

I just really didn't like How I met your mother, but I guess that's for another time.

Thank-you.

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have watched Friends a lot at one point especially late night marathons but there were certain episodes and certain characters that I really liked. In regards to Martin...I still watch him when time permits especially late at night. There are just those certain Martin episodes that are still funny after all of these years.