1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ghostbusters Film

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Electric Puns, May 20, 2016.

1. Electric Puns

So a new trailer for the Ghostbusters remake came out and everyone seems to hate it. I think it looks mediocore- I don't think it's as bad as everyone says it is, but there doesn't seem to be any point in making it in the first place, except money.
    What are your thoughts?

2. Glowing Eyes

Wasn't this revealed a while ago?

Anyways, I agree. I don't hate the trailer, but I just think it looks rather lame.

3. Plattyrex

Why is this a thing? Is there really any demand for a Ghostbusters reboot? When I first heard about this I actually thought the weird gender change gimmick was kinda a good idea, but this movie still looks pretty bad:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I don't see why everyone's so pissed off though. Was anyone expecting this to be good?

4. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its just something that is trying to restart the series and make it a mega franchise like it was previously. Just meh. If anything, they should of just rebooted the cartoon, now that would of been awesome as hell, and wouldn't piss off nearly as many people. While this for some reason has caused some controversy, I agree with the opinion of James Rolfe, ill post his vid below, but TL: DR, he just says he's just not going to see it, due to it 1) just not looking good 2) to ensure that Hollywood understands that people didn't want it, hence ending it there, he does explain that it would of been better if they did make something like Ghostbusters 3, where it handed over to these characters instead of just directly throwing them at us and just saying "ACCEPT THIS". I want to make it clear that when I say that, ITS FINE THAT THEY CHANGED THE GENDER OF THE CHARACTERS, but since they are still acknowledging the original, its aiming at being a continuing of the story, but in the world that has already been setup, it makes little sense. It wouldn't make much sense even if they had a male cast and changed the actors either.

Its not as easy as that, its like if they decided to "continue" the story to something like gremlins, but instead of using the original designs and characters, changing the design to the gremlins and changing the characters, BUT still acknowledging that the original existed. it doesn't make sense.

I think a lot of that turned into rambling, but it just feels like a major waste of time. Instead of having a remake of something no one really wanted, we could of been introduced to a new series, Hollywood you cant possibly be telling me that creative people with new stories don't exist anymore, I want to see something new, and it just seems to be the same over and over and over.

5. Thirteenly

Thirteenly Guest

I'm excited for the movie, especially Kate McKinnon!

6. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Saw the trailer. It looks like a steaming pile of s#*t to me. It's like a generic slap stick comedy with scooby doo graphics. Harold Ramis must be rolling in his grave at this mockery of a movie.

Happy days :slight_smile:

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh, the trailer didn't click for me personally.

8. Charlz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a huge fan of Ghostbusters and was really excited for this movie. Until I saw the trailers. Lots of people claim that all the negative is simply because of the gender swap. To me it just looks bad, though I think the graphics look ok. The "comedy" seems forced, the characters seem kind of stereotypical, especially Leslie Jones' character.

One thing to note is that it's been said that this movie is a total reboot, it's going to be like the originals never happened. I read a comment somewhere online by Melissa McCarthy that said she tried to get the advertising team to change the "30 years ago" in the trailer because that implied that's this was going to be a direct connection when it isn't and they basically just said to stfu. That made me want to see the movie even less, knowing that this is just pretending that the other movies didn't even happen.

#8 Charlz, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  9. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm willing to give it a go because Paul Feig is directing and I loved Spy.

Also I want to see the glorious return of Mr Stay Puft.

10. Glowing Eyes

Exactly! Can't Hollywood once, just once not make as many movies and try turning everything into a franchise. There's actually a Kindergarten Cop 2 that came out not too long ago. Seriously, Kindrgarten Cop? Why? I even liked the original.

11. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is this the one that is supposed to be just woman? Why can't it be guys and women :/

12. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry but Ghostbusters is one of those movies in which the original cast is what made it awesome, And rebooting with an all new cast is a bad idea.

#12 Cauldron, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  13. Glowing Eyes

Yeah, I'm open to new ideas but the original cast were an important part of the originals.

14. thepandaboss

Trailer didn't click and I'm tired of remakes and reboots (I refused to see Jurassic World, for the record).

But I'm going to give this the benefit of the doubt. Kate McKinneon happens to be one of my favorite comedic actresses lately. I'll wait for the reviews to come in although I can't say I'll be first in line at the theater. This might be a "wait for Netflix" deal for me.

15. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, it looks really bad. I think that the new Ghostbusters shouldn't be women but the original cast instead. People are complaining about how the feminists are ruining everything and while I don't disagree with that, I think there are other problems with the film besides women as the lead characters. From my understanding, some of the actresses are not at all funny and if you've seen any movie with them in it then you've seen them all.