1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone on here play the Ukulele?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by PennyMonkey96, May 22, 2016.

1. PennyMonkey96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, so I was wondering if anyone on here plays the ukulele? If you do what are some songs you like to play, or any songs you would recommend to someone?:smilewave

2. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The Ukulele is a super awesome instrument, its a bit of a shame that is associated with being a super hipster and all... Its a lot easier to transport than something like a guitar, and essentially does similar things to it.

Personally from experience as being a music student, i wouldn't recommend learning any songs first, if anything i would recommend learning as many chords as you possibly can, so then you can learn how to play songs via listening, and eventually get to the point where you can create stuff. Because in reality, for most popular ukulele songs, you just need 4 chords, which are also referred to as 'THE FOUR POP SONG CHORDS", or how i refer to them, "THE FOUR CHORDS OF REALLY BORING REPITION".

If i can recommend anything, i would just say try to play the things that you like. Thought if you really would like recommendations, all i really do is sit around trying to figure out Blur songs, songs in particular that i have been figuring out are Coffee and Tv, He Thought Of Cars, and Clover Over Dover. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    (What a surprise, the Blur fanatic playing Blur songs)

(also practice scales as well, as it might make chords a bit more easier, just search chords and scales for ukulele online and you'll find heaps of stuff, i sound like such a music nerd saying that welp)

3. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Agree with the person above. If you think of it in terms of songs you can play on the uke, you're only limiting yourself. Do you play an instrument already?

4. PennyMonkey96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I've been playing the uke for about two years. I just kinda meant is there songs that you learned because you thought it would sound good on the ukulele. Because there are songs I wouldn't try on the uke because I don't think they would sound good but other people try it and it sounds awesome.

5. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hmm, with that being the case, I think something that sounded quite awesome that is also pretty simple is On Melancholy Hill, is only 4 chords but you can do some cool fingerpicking stuff. Also is a cool song just in general.

[YOUTUBE]04mfKJWDSzI[/YOUTUBE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04mfKJWDSzI

6. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd played the ukulele a few times just for fun - wasn't too bad since I play the guitar too.

The stuff from Eddie Vedder's Ukulele Songs are my favourite :slight_smile:

7. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My sister did, but that was a phase. I don't even know where she put the thing.

8. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Yeeeees. I love how it sounds cute & very simple to play. I find it funny how I can sing & play with the ukulele but I can't sing & play with a guitar. Lmao.

My favorite song to play is "Can't Help Falling In Love" 21 Pilots cover.

9. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The juxtaposition of playing black sabbath on the uke cracks me up to no end. But even normal black sabbath cracks me up..

10. Jellal

My dad has a ukelele and he likes to play songs by Jake Shimabukuro.

11. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't limit yourself! Try everything! It won't necessarily sound good the first time. Or the second time. Or the first few times in general but the key to getting anything to sound good is practice. Don't refrain from doing something because you don't think it'll sound good. You can always try. There's nothing to lose is there?