1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to start? Reading Comics

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Connorcode, May 25, 2016.

1. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

With DC's Rebirth having arrived, I've been told now is a good time to get into comics. But I just want to know your opinion on where to start or your story of how you started.

Will Rebirth be a good place to start? Anywhere else?

P.S. Any advice on Marvel Comics is very welcome too, of course, but timing and my adoration of the Flash means DC will take precedence for me.

#1 Connorcode, May 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  2. pastadudde

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Neil Gaiman's Sandman series

3. MissSkywalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I started reading comics about three years ago, it was after the New 52 had began so I started with the current (at that time) trade books. I stuck with Batman and the Bat family for the first couple years, collecting the separate issues after catching up with the trades. I took a liking to Nightwing so I went on to his 1996 series collecting all the issues. There are really good Batman graphic novels out there but I felt it was good to start with a continuous storyline before going on to separate stories. Not read much Marvel apart from Daredevil and Alias (Jessica Jones). I'm a sucker for the Walking Dead comic and the writer has other work which I read, Invincible (sort of parody of superheros) and Outcast which is now a TV show which are pretty good.