1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you write/read/love poems?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by meonlyme, May 28, 2016.

1. meonlyme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I write many and some chronicles, but I want some tips about how put a feeling in the poem, without make it explicited or too simple. I always put something but it looks too superficial.

2. A Seraphim Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I write poetry... I like to write 'Freestyle' I feel that I can write much more fluid that way and convey what I feel or a particular emotion much smoother and easier... I've spent the last hour trying to locate something as an example. But, for the life of me I can not seem to locate where I put all my poems, haha. The only thing that I can think of is that they are on my desktop. I am currently on my laptop. I could've swore I made copies for the 'just in case' scenario. I guess I never got around to it, major procrastinator here! Oops?

But, though this isn't really entirely considered a poem. I'll let you read a letter of resolving ones emotions or rather letting go a lost loved and the journey that one kind of goes through. In this case it was a character of mine in a fan fic I am writing. I'm a nerd!:icon_wink But, I was also going through a tough time myself, so it worked. I wasn't expecting what I wrote. It worked perfect for the fan fic.

Dearest,

I've waited.... Oh how I've waited.

Out of the darkness you once came, saving me. I knew that day when I held you, after searching for so long, that I loved you. My only regret, the only thing I've ever regretted, was that I didn't tell you sooner how much I truly cared for you!

Our time will be cherished! All of these memories I have of you, they will never be forgotten. Such fond memories they are. I will keep them close, no one will taint them. If only our time could've been longer.

Why, why did you have to leave me?

I don't want to let you go... I see you across from me, I can smell you, I can still feel your touch, your soft caress. You were always there, my angel guiding me to the light. Protecting me. But, it was I who should've protected you.

You told me to never let go, you'd always be there, you'd come back to me. But... But, now. I can hear your whisper, it's everywhere... All around me, in my dreams. I run and run, but I can never find you. Your voice, over and over it talks to me.

I've longed for a sign. I need to know you're gone!

I know what I must do; I know what you say to do. I love you so, must I? Will I ever see you again or hear your voice? Will you keep me safe in your embrace?

I remember that day clearly. My world ended when you left. Holding on is the only thing that has kept me sane. I don't want to let you go, it'll... It will be re_"real". If I do, you'll never come back. But, I know... I know, I'll never move on and be happy if I don't.

"Keep Smiling!" That was our motto, to always smile! I haven't smiled since....

I will, I will remember you as you were. I won't forget you, I will keep you safe in my heart; but I will let you go! Not because I want to...

But, because you asked me! Time and time again you've asked me! I know forever doesn't exist, but oh how I wish it did. I will, for always, have lost a fragment of my heart and happiness with you.

I love you, always have. I will always love you!

Goodbye My Love!

My Dearest, You Will Be Missed.

Love Forever and Alw~~~~~~~~~

---------- Post added 29th May 2016 at 07:43 AM ----------

The letter was meant to end that way... Unfinished, for reasons in my fic... Not necessarily meaning that there wasn't resolution, because there was. But, that something prevented the letter from being finished.

3. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I write a bit, but it's nothing special nor interesting. I guess putting feelings into your work is when you write about something that is close to your heart, and it doesn't really matter if it's too explicit or too simple. Every writer has their own style.

4. Naxams

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorta I more write short stories but almost all of them are about senses of surroundings. I often write stuff like "The gentle breeze calms your spirits as with the rustling of the leaves surrounds you"
    so yeah it's not really a poem but it is very feeling

5. thepandaboss

I actually just got back into writing poetry myself. Give this a read.

Written by Ted Kooser, one of the best how-to books for poetry out there. Comes highly recommended.

But as far as practical advice from someone who's trying to publish a poem... Write what matters to you. You want to write about love? What does love mean to you? How does it feel? What would you do for your loved ones? How do you express it? What are your experiences?

6. YinYang

I write a good amount of poetry when I get motivated enough. It's all depressing, though :/

7. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My poetry is...mysterious, dark, or chaotic. I don't think I've ever written a love poem in my life. I'll read them, but I don't actively look for them.

8. A Seraphim Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh wow! That looks really awesome! I think I'm going to get that book. I kinda lost inspiration of sorts the last year. Looks like that could very helpful indeed!

9. thepandaboss

I've heard people say it's literally the best how to book on poetry ever. And I imagine it could be pretty helpful for people who mainly write short stories too. Lot of practical advice on how to edit stuff, adding in imagery, etc.

I'm only just seriously writing poetry myself. Used to write it off and on in high school but when I started using poetry as a form of therapy for my PTSD, I figured it might be worth trying to actually publish the stuff I was writing.

10. Dlxx

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd advise you to just think about what you want to get across and your circumstances. Some poems sound simple but are actually quite deep.

11. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've written love poems but the majority of them have sexual undertones or lot of sexual content.