1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any perks of being a wallflower fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by funsized, May 29, 2016.

1. funsized

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have read The Perks of Being a Wallflower at least twice already. I haven't seen the movie yet although I did buy it. This book helped me realize a lot about myself. I connected with the main character a lot and felt like I was in his place. I am proud to say that this book has been a huge help to me in coming out and accepting myself for who I am.

2. plant

When I read the book for the first time, I liked it. The second time, I thought it was just okay. When I first read it, I thought it was absolutely brillaint and contained a lot of general truths about the way we interact as humans and how things like trauma can affect us. Upon closer examination, I thought the author tackled too many social issues in an alarmingly blase type of way. I did like the book, and I related to some of the characters, however it's not without it's issues.

3. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

I thought it worked well as a modern alternative to 'Catcher in the Rye', which is (in my opinion) just awful. Wallflower is one of the better YA 'life' stories, even if they all fall short of being truly great.

4. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I disagree on CitR being awful but yeah Perks is a good modern version. Someone needs to write a brilliant YA life story some day :frowning2:

5. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That book changed me. It is such an amazing story, and everything is so real, and it is beautifully written. I love that it has LGBTQ+ representation, and isn't sugar coated with an overly sappy love story.

6. Ryu

Ryu

I've read it twice. That in itself is a sign of quality in my opinion because I don't really read that often.