1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone here play a musical instrument?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RyeTheDauphin, May 31, 2016.

1. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If so, what grade/level are you at and do you enjoy it?

I'm taking my grade 8 piano exam at the end of the year. I'd say I mostly enjoy it. It was really difficult for me for the first few years (and it's still difficult now since I'm tone deaf and pretty bad at sight-reading), but I feel like I'm at the stage where I have the patience, maturity and skills to dive right into a piece and make it my own instead of just going through the motions and play everything accurately.

One thing that does suck is knowing that a certain amount of natural talent does go into it - even if I pass this exam I know that I'll never be as good as some of my friends. I just don't have the right ear for it. But that's okay - it's just a fun hobby for me.

2. redonkulous

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play 7 instruments (drums, guitar, bass, piano, ukulele, harmonica, voice), all self taught so I don't know what level I'm at but I've been playing drums for 8 years, piano for 4, guitar/bass for 3 and all the other ones are a year or less. I'm not that great of a singer but I like how I do on the others. I can kinda read sheet music, but I definitely couldn't sightread anything.

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone