1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Concert Experience

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by PrettyinPunk, May 31, 2016.

1. PrettyinPunk

I apologize if this has already been posted. I looked back to older threads but couldn't find anything.

Anyway I'm curious what was your favourite concert experience? Who did you go see and what made it so memorable?
    Alternatively if you haven't been to a concert yet, who would you like to see?

I've thankfully only had really great experiences but my favorite thus far would be seeing F.O.B in concert last August. I went with my best friend and it was a perfect time, only way it could have been better is if we met the band.

This band has been special for us in the past. From early teens to now they been the background music to our lives. So seeing them live was particularly memorable.

It had been raining on and off all day (though it was warm) and the band was delayed for about 15 mins. But then they exploded on stage and it was one of the greatest 1.5 hrs of my life! I know every band can be not so stellar live, especially in crap weather conditions but they were AMAZING!
    I remember looking up at the sky as the stage lights were being reflected through the rain, making it appear like glitter. Dancing and singing as loud as I could next to a ton of other folks who were just as pumped as I. It was perfect.

However this could change when I go see Paul McCartney this year, after all it is Paul McCartney.:grin:

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let us know how the Paul McCartney goes :grin:

I've seen Big Wreck and Moist live. Both were really good, but I have to say I liked Moist more :$

David (Moist) was more outgoing and conversationy with the crowd. They added a few solos to a few songs, but mostly played the songs like they were on the albums.

Big Wreck skipped over all the talking, and just played. They added a bunch of intros and solos to everything they played.

I'd go see both again in a heartbeat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. GodlyArmadillo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Arcade Fire was pretty awesome.

Imogen Heap was amazing because she's so innovative and going to her concert was truly a unique experience.

4. TraceElement

Last summer I went to see Pentatonix when they were touring with Kelly Clarkson. I went by myself because the people I was supposed to go with flaked out... but whatever. their loss on seeing an amazing concert. Some groups are amazing on their tracks but "meh" in concert, but not pentatonix. they brought their shit and delivered. goosebumps for real though.

5. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would have to say that i have to split it between 3 concerts, for 3 very different reasons.

The Rolling stones when they came to Adelaide in 2014, DAM that show was on fire, I went in expecting them to collapse on stage but my socks were knocked off, they played it so well. Theres not much else to say than they were just awesome, the charisma and energy that was expelled from the stage was awesome.

Secondly, there is a huge festival in a town called Mount Gambier called Generations in Jazz, TL: DR, its the biggest school jazz festival in the entire world, and it just keeps on getting bigger and better each year. They have heaps of concerts where famous musicians play some of the best jazz ever, but this year, they did something that was freaking insane, they put together the one o'clock lab band (aka, known as one of the best jazz bands in the US, I think they are under North Texas?) and the big band from the James Morrison Academy (basically the best place to learn Jazz in Australia) together and had a double big band. Just saying that alone, that should give you the impression that it was fucking bananas. It gave me something that I want to aspire to someday.

Finally, Brian Wilson when he came this year to Adelaide, while I have to admit to an extent it sort of made me sad going due to knowing so much about such a brilliant singer and composer being withered down so much over the years (his voice aint anywhere near what it used to be), but his backing musicians were some of the best performers I have ever heard, the first song that they did, called our prayer had me in tears over the first few notes, it was that fucking beautiful. And the pets sounds album being performed is always something enjoyable to listen to, but hearing it live was just something incredible, I cant put the words to it. I would recommend going to it even if you don't know who the hell he is, because my god the musicians playing in it are some of the most talented I have ever heard. (also getting up and dancing at the front of the stage was the freaking best)

Hahhhaaa...... Seeing Paul McCartney... Its only been over 23 years since hes come to Australia, and 14 years since he was supposed to come over to Melbourne.... Yes I keep tabs on these things, because that's the one concert I have been waiting so so so so long to do. Going to sound generic here and stuff, but his music has meant so so so much to me, literally the reason I have spent years of my life trying to master the art form that is music.

Looks like that's something I will never be able to do. EVER. Apparently Australians don't get enough ticket sales out for us to be worth it, I guess ill just watch wings over America a billion times to make up for that fact... And cry in the corner when he announces another concert in South America... ffs.

6. AngelLikesSpace

Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw FOB too in March and I think that's currently my favorite. I'd really love to go to a Warped Tour show some day though.

7. CameOutSwinging

Go to Warped Tour! I've been twice and they both definitely rank among my favorite concert experiences. Especially when there are a few bands you know and love that are playing (The Wonder Years played both times I went), though it's also really fun discovering new bands too. I can't recommend it enough!

8. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been to 3 concerts for a local band called 10 Years. My best concert experience was my second concert by them. The lead singer was interacting with the crowed, he signed a drawing I made of the bands newest album. And he was very friendly at the meet and greet.
    9/10 rating.

9. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One Direction concert <3

10. fenestra

Ramona Falls at an industrial-looking bar in Nashville overlooking the railroad tracks. There was fewer than 30 people there, totally intimate. Got to meet the members of the band. The lead singer/brainchild of the band, Brent (who I adore) was heading the merch table. I got to shake his hand. It was like shaking hands with a cloud. I bought a CD and he signed it for me. Spelled my name correctly (which doesn't happen often.) I was totally smitten.

---------- Post added 1st Jun 2016 at 10:19 AM ----------

Oh, so jealous! They are both amazing.

11. PrettyinPunk

Will do! I'm pretty sure I won't be able to shut up about it actually :lol:
    I'm not familiar with Big Wreck but I now of Moist. It's great when the band interacts with the audience like that. Shows they're having fun and not just "working"

Oh wow I'd love to see both those groups. Imogen Heap has such a unique voice I bet it's beautiful in person.

Sounds like you made the right choice in going! I've talked to a few other people who've seen them live, always positive experiences.

Wow color me jealous! Seeing the Stones would be awesome! I fear by the time I get a chance to see them they'll be long gone(hopefully not!).

I love jazz bands. That was probably a once in a lifetime kinda thing, very cool.

I'm sorry Paul doesn't seem to make it to Australia very much. He's hard to pin down in the state's sometimes too. I only got tickets cause I stalked him. Don't give up though, who knows it might happen for you! He is such an inspiration for sure.

I third this! Warped has always been awesome to me!

I love it when a band, famous or local takes the time to interact and treat their fans well. I've heard some bands/singers can be really rude. Makes my heart sink when that happens.

I bet there was a lot of people at that one! Were they good live?

I love reading all these posts guys!:thumbsup:

12. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went to a nightwish concert in February! It was beyond amazing!! Their stage presence and the audience's enthusiasm just made it one of the most amazing nights I've ever experienced

13. Charlz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I saw Paul McCartney a couple years ago here. It was hands down the best concert I've ever been to! He had so much energy and excitement. Of course he played Live and Let Die and that was incredible enough but the added flashy / showy stuff was great.

Besides him, I've seen the Eagles (another great concert though they just sat / stood there, no energy), and Randy Bachman/Burton Cummings which was another great concert and more lively than the Eagles were.

14. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My favorite concert ever was Billy Joel at Wrigley Field in Chicago last summer. I had heard concert albums of his before and they sound so much better than a lot of other artists concert albums. I actually think his music sounds better live than in studio. I highly doubt I will ever go to a better concert again for as long as I live.

I wish I could have seen Brian Wilson in his prime. The Beach Boys are probably my #1 or #2 favorite of all time (Billy Joel is the other #1 or #2). I could have seen them on the short-lived anniversary/reunion tour a few years ago, but it was just a bit out of my budget.

I saw Paul McCartney in concert a few years ago at Great American Ballpark here in Cincinnati. It was a good show, but I really wasn't familiar with many his non-Beatles songs, and there was quite a bit of an echo in the stadium.

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never been to a concert.

16. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah FOB! <3 I saw them in concert last August too! Wasn't raining, though.

I'd like to say they were my favorite, but that was Keith Urban. Outside concert at night. Perfect weather. He puts on a great show and if I ever get the chance to see him again, I'll take it.

17. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Holy shit, a few months a go I went to see Black Sabbath (and Rival Sons as the support band) and also got backstage pass so got to meet Toni Iomi :grin: It was so surreal and incredible and it is definitely the best concert I've ever been to. Apparently it was the drunkest audience they'd ever played to, which I understand considering there were topless girls, crowd surfers, fights and people blowing weed in our faces :lol:

18. PrettyinPunk

That sounds like it'd be interesting. Nightwish has an ethereal sound, I can't even imagine it in concert! The lead singer is quite lovely as well...

Ugh I love the Eagles. Technically I can still see them, but it seems doubtful they'll tour again considering the loss of Glenn Frey.:icon_sad:

Billy Joel is a classy, cool, cat. Not gonna say it's impossible but yea that sounds like a top rate show.

Well if you could who would you like to see?

I meant to type September :bang: I did goto another festival in August though. Anyway saw them at Allegan County Fair. Amazing set list and I forgot to mention but there were a lot of lgbt+ couples too. It was pretty cute.

Awesome man! I've been to concerts like that before, always wild times. Props on that backstage pass btw.:eusa_clap

19. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh god, you're making me choose one? I'm going to have to do a couple.

Warped Tour UK 2013 would be one because I got to the barrier for one of my favourite bands (Rise Against) twice. Other bands were great too like Billy Talent, Crossfaith, Chiodos, The Color Morale. I went with one of my friends at the time and she was really fun, although found the crowds a bit hard. Plus I didn't pass out at this one!

This one's a bit controversial but Lostprophets 2012... I saw them the month before Ian was arrested and they were so damn good live. With that being my first concert I'm pretty pissed that it's tainted by the guy being a sicko. I couldnt listen to their music for about 2 years after it happened. The concert was good though.

Both times I've seen and met Papa Roach have got to be the best though. My favourite band, the barrier for both and theyre epic live. The second time I saw them in my hometown so that made it even better. Made some good Roach friends at the Brixton gig (in London). Yeah can't trump PRoach.

Although have to slip Enter Shikari in there. They always put on a hell of a show and the tempo of their songs just makes for an awesome live performance. Although they're renound for not caring about the 'no crowd surfing's sign and youve got a 1/5 chance of breaking your neck by getting kicked in the head. Definitely be seeing them for a third time next time they come around though and hope that I don't pass out again.

#19 Aberrance, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  20. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw Garbage at San Diego State with my sister in 2000. I knew the words to almost every song, but I couldn't hear myself singing, of course. Garbage are my favorite band.