1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lyricists?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SHACH, Jun 1, 2016.

1. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I write a lot of songs, but mostly my speciality is lyricism - my actual musical accompaniments are either simple or don't work well enough for my liking. I have been writing lyrics for about 4 years and I think I'm finally getting good now - I can finally express whatever i want properly. So anyway, I was just wondering if there are any other lyricists out there? How do you write? What do you write about?

2. Formality

I wouldn't ever call myself a lyricist or poet. But I do write some texts every now and then simply to let my emotions out. I usually just write what I feel. Sometimes I can make the sentences sound really good with rhymes and word play. Other times they come out wonky and incoherent. But I don't really mind, because the writing is mostly just an outlet for my emotions.

The texts are mostly about an experience, something I've felt or how I feel at the moment of writing. The latest text I wrote was about the human race, the beauty of our universe and space travel :lol: I was inspired after reading a text about the potential of finding life in our solar system.

Another one, very pessimistic reflecting my mood at the time, is about our (humans) unfulfillable desires.

I've never tried writing music for any of my texts to be sung. I might try some day. It's just that I'm a terrible singer :tears:

3. Electric Puns

I try to write lyrics... they're about anything about everything. Recently I've written songs about change and my fear of dying (cheery, I know). When it comes to music I usually come up with a tune or accompaniment and then later add lyrics.