1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro 2016

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JackAttack, Jun 5, 2016.

1. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Anyone on here taking an interest in the Euros this year in France? First game kicks off on Friday 10th June.

Group A (easy): Albania, France, Switzerland, Romania
    Group B: England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia
    Group C: Germany, Northern Island, Poland, Ukraine
    Group D: Croatia, Czech Republic, Spain, Turkey
    Group E (group of death): Belgium, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Sweden
    Group F: Austria, Hungary, Iceland, Portugal

I fancy France to win it because of all the quality they have and the fact that they are the home nation. I also think Belgium and Germany will do quite well.

As an Englishmen, I think we might just get out of our group. I am not happy with some of the players we have going and as usual we struggle in tournaments.

#1 JackAttack, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  2. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

England were very disappointing last night, dont know why some of our media are being positive about it. But sadly, the violence in Marseilles is the main talking point over the football. England and Russia should be kicked out for this.

Im happy for Wales though.

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I'm gonna watch some games even though it's not my most favourite sport. The countries I usually root for are the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Sweden and Portugal. :icon_bigg

4. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Auf gehts, Deutschland! [​IMG]

I'm naturally going for Germany, although I'm keeping my expectations very low. Results since the World Cup have been less than impressive, especially for the world champion team, and I don't think much of this squad Löw has called up. I don't think we'll make it out of the quarterfinals but I'll be pulling for them until (and after) we end up getting knocked out.

I don't know what it is with those two sets of fans. I've seen videos of the Northern Irish fans chilling with (and singing with) the Polish fans, and the Sweden fans hanging out with the Republic of Ireland's fans, in both cases while the matches were still being played, but for some reason England and Russia's fans are trying to kill each other. :dry:

Also, I kind of think Wales is going to knock England out.

#4 ThatBorussenGuy, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  5. rudysteiner

Russia have just been fined 150,000€ for fan violence and further action will result in them being disqualified from this year's competition.

I haven't been following the football but I've been following the violence.

6. idcidc

Well since my country isn't competing I'll just go with spain. I prefer watching players who have technique and skill rather than teams based on speed and dull tactics.

7. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Hopefully the Russian pigs will be kicked out. Their fans even train for this sort of thing. It looks like things will kick off again, im dreading what the world cup will be like in 2 years time when Russia host it. I really dislike the country.