1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dances with Wolves

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Maethoriel, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Maethoriel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just tonight I watched Dances with wolves for the first time. I, for one, really enjoyed it. The basic plot is that a soldier in the Union army in the middle of the American Civil War goes to an outpost in the middle of nowhere. He is alone, with his horse, and gradually befriends the Sioux/Lakota Native Americans. I thought it was a fantastic movie, and although a bit long at approximately 4 hours, very well made. Has anyone else seen Dances with Wolves? What have you thought of it? If you know of any other movies somewhat like it, will you please reply?

#1 Maethoriel, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I remember seeing it years ago when I was a kid. I think I liked it then, but I have since seen quite a lot of criticism about how it's a white saviour story. So now I don't know how I feel about it because I don't really remember it in the first place, and this is probably a valid criticism.

3. Maethoriel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So true so true. Although "John Dunbar" didn't actually save the Sioux, it was kind of depressing at the end.