1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News For Sims Fans

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by iiimee, Jun 8, 2016.

1. iiimee

As somebody who played The Sims 3 AND The Sims 4, I honestly love the games series- I mean, EA isn't the best company out there, but they've always tried hard to please their fans. Well, those of you who are interested should know that EA just made it possible to have "transgender" sims! I haven't heard of EA referring to the sims as that, but yeah: All clothes are available for all genders now, and you get to customize your sim's gender, their figure, if your sim can get pregnant, impregnate others, not reproduce, and even decide if your sim pees standing or sitting! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: There's a lot of other features that came with this latest update, but this has by far been the most exciting. Then again, EA's always been pretty open and accepting. If I remember correctly, they've always allowed two sims of the same gender to marry. >_< I hate some of EA's other games, but yeah, The Sims is something I grew up playing. XD I remember I had a copy of one of those side-games for the Sims, I think it was the Sims Pet Stories. Anyway, I had that and I played on freeplay... X_X The very first night I let my male sim look through a telescope, he ended up getting abducted and later pregnant by aliens. I hadn't ever read Sims forums before this, so I was shocked when this happened- He had a cute baby girl though. ^_^ I remember he was married to a woman, but during the pregnancy he met a man and they got married, which was good, because he died in a fire two nights later and his husband had to raise the baby.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    See, I like they allow same-sex couples, but in the freeplay version - they won't let you have kids until after marriage, won't allow single parents or allow more than 2 children per house. So that kind of annoyed me. I also hate how the clothing is gender segregated in the freeplay version, I have some outfits for baby girls that I can't try on because I only have two baby boys.

Sorry for the pessimistic tone, it seems good for the version you're talking about.

Which sim devices are these? I tend to play on Ipad and Nintendo DS.

#2 Secrets5, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  3. Alicegoat12

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I remember downloading mods in the sims to be able to use male and female clothes on all genders. It's cool they've finally made all these changes it's pretty exciting. Haven't played the sims in a while, but with these updates I think I might. Definitely will make the game more interesting to say the least.

4. iiimee

As I said, it's the Sims 4...

5. derVaminoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    in the same way that Lucifer works real hard to please the souls he seeks to add to his collection

There is already another thread on this, pretty awesome tbh. If I wasn't broke right now, I'd reinstall Origin right away to try it out.

6. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

Epic that they did that for us ! EA haven't always made the best choices but they really do well to listen to their fans. (─‿─)
    But it kinda sucks that your Sim's pronouns also decide whether they have breasts or not...(・ε・`*)…
    As someone who uses male pronouns but certainly can't have any kind of surgery to get rid of anything physically female... I'm kindaaa butthurt that FtMs like myself can't be a thing. (ન_੦)
    But, then again, i don't think 'trans sims' was really what EA were going for with this update... More like they wanted to give us more freedom in CAS. ╮(╯∀╰)╭
    Which is pretty cool in itself so.. Can't complain.

7. Synesthesia

That's cool I was wondering a while ago if they'd eventually give options for toilet use actually. I also was disapointed by the lack of Feminine clothing options for male sims in the sims 3.

I don't play the sims 4 because although the cas stuff is awesome, I didn't like how they removed a bunch of stuff and the neighborhoods seemed really small, but might play eventually. I'm still missing the last two sims 3 expansions atm anyway.

8. iiimee

I am making Conchita Wurst. >_>