1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orange is the New Black

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by dreamcatcher, Jun 24, 2016.

1. dreamcatcher

Anyone still watching this? What are your thoughts so far? I'm on episode 6 so far. I'm loving the dynamic between the latina girls but I really miss Sophia!

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I loved season 1, and it was fantastic, and I didn't even get to finish before my parents figured out. I mean, I was kinda using Netflix so I guess that wasn't hard.
    Oh well. I still want to go back and maybe find them online.

I was sort of saying something around "I shall eat that chicken, and absorb it's power!" for like a week. :grin:

3. dreamcatcher

Ah I forgot to mention I'm on season 4 episode 6. I wanted to discuss season 4 of the show.. oops lol.

4. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Eh, I didn't really like Season Four... Brooke x Poussey was cute though!

5. PrettyinPunk

I just finished season 4 a couple of days ago. I think it's actually one of my favorite season's thus far. I actually liked Piper in this one. I was a little worried if they could make her character appealing again. That finale though...

Ok I'm going to put the rest in spoiler post/tag.
    The below has spoilers for season 4 finale. You have been warned!

I thought it was cute too, which made Poussey's death even worse. She was one of my favorite characters to get focus on OitNB. I do think they handled the death well and I know it was a reference to an actual prisoner death, but it was very heavy. The last scene with the riot and gun was awesome. The music at the end really got my blood pumping. Its a cruel cliff hanger, how am I suppose to just wait half a year to see what happens next!?

6. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My exams finished yesterday and Ive been binging it the entirety of today, just started episode 6 too. I was wondering where Sophia and Nicky were, completely forgot they were in the shu. It's kind of slow this season. I hate Piper but starting to like other characters that I didn't before, Doggett for one. We'll see how it plays out.

7. rudysteiner

I really liked Season 4. It's really up-to-date with the current affairs happening this year and in 2015 especially and spares no expense in bringing it to life in the series.

Possible spoilers:

Was I the only one who noticed the extended Israel/Palestine metaphor with Cindy and her bunkmate? (I've forgotten her name, or it wasn't mentioned). 'The West Bunk' got me straight away.

#7 rudysteiner, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  8. dreamcatcher

Yeah I thought it was a bit slow this season. I feel like it was missing some of the drama from previous seasons. And I still hate Piper as well. I feel like she's just a whiny girl who tries too hard to be something she is not. I wish she weren't the main character.

Yeah I noticed it too. They dragged it out for a couple of episodes.

Honestly, I wish Poussey could have found someone else or that they could have made Taystee bisexual or something. I just find Brooke so annoying and I feel like they have nothing in common.

9. rudysteiner

I can't wait to hear Abdullah's backstory.