1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astrology and Tarot, anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by candyjiru, Jun 27, 2016.

1. candyjiru

Hey everyone~ since I've been gone, I've become and astrologer and am also into tarot now~~ is anyone else into these? ^.^ Also, I'd love to know everyone's sign and/or favorite tarot card~~ ^.^

2. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know way to many tarot cards after one very inactive summer

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2016 at 05:34 PM ----------

Oh and ace of pentacles is my favourite card

3. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think tarot is cool, but I can't get the hang of it. My girlfriend can throw a mean spread, though! I like the cards, but I'm more a runes guy, myself. :slight_smile:

4. AngelLikesSpace

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've wanted to buy my own deck and try it out. I'm a Taurus.

5. PrettyinPunk

I think astrology is so interesting! Now I'm not the kind of person that makes every decision based on what my sign is and what the planets are doing at the time. I do find there's a lot of truth to it, and it's just fun. I'm a Sagittarius, my moon sign is the same. So I'm very much my sign.:icon_bigg

As for tarot cards, I think they're cool too. I have a deck but I don't know how to use them. I need to set time up to learn.

6. Loppox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    oh I love astrology, it's very interesting. I am the same as PrettyinPunk, I don't make every decision based on what my sign is etc. But like I said I am very interested in natal charts etc. (my whole natal chart is so spot on I gasped when I looked at it).
    Coming from a taurus whose moon is also in taurus :grin:

(I am mostly interested in the rising signs when talking about natal charts tho)

As for tarot cards I got interested in them for a while but they are so open for interpretation that you can literally go anywhere with them. It didn't lead me to anything so I am less interested in tarot cards.

7. Multiverse

Multiverse Guest

I'm also interested in astrology and tarot, and any kind of new-age beliefs, but I'm a little bit sceptical about those things and I am interested about how those things actually work... I would like to ask few questions about astrology. So, there are about 8 billion people on the planet and 12 signs. That means that on average, 650 million people are in one sign... So, my questions are:

How does a date of birth determines a person? How does this works...? There are 650 million people in each sign, and I think that all those people are not all equal in their characters, quite the contrary, they are dramatically different. If astrology would really work, shouldn't all people who are in same sign have more or less same characteristics?

As far as I know, every experiment which has been done to prove astrology have failed. No astrologist in the history have performed better than what would we expect if he would just guessing (by luck). If astrologists are people who can truly tell you your fate, then why no one performs better than what would expect simply by pure chance?

Is there anything what would disprove astrology? Is there any kind of data or logical argument which would once for the all times disprove astrology?

If astrology cannot explain human behavior, is there something what astrology really can explain? Can astrology tells us why is there something rather than nothing? Can astrology tell us something about the origin of the universe, or can astrology predict future events in the world (for example: Can astrology predict when some person will die, or when will begin WW3 or whatever?) Is there anything useful what astrology can teach us?

8. PrettyinPunk

Yea I figure whenever I have an extra bit of money I should get my whole chart read. Seems cool if nothing else. Nice with the double bulls! Would you consider yourself a stubborn person? I feel like that runs accurately with Taurus's. (I don't mean this in a bad way, I'm stubborn too and find I get along well with a Taurus)

My rising sign is Pieces. I think it balances all the fire nicely!:slight_smile:

9. Loppox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh yeah I am a stubborn person, but have become more and more flexible. Nowadays I am just stubborn in my goals, but flexible in my ways on how to reach them :icon_wink
    No but really I am open for a lot of stuff, but If I really don't want to do something, I am not going to do it haha. The other way around however, when I absolutely DO want to do stuff, I am not always determined to get what I want. It will linger of course, but I just shove it off as ''Okay, well not today, maybe tomorrow.''
    And yeah stubborn doesn't have to be a bad trait, but that goes for a lot of traits I think haha.

Oeh rising sign is Pieces, fire with water. very interesting combi. Do you find it fits or describes you well?

Mine is sagittarius :grin: and I think it's spot on lol. My mars sign is also taurus, so I got tripple bulls :lol:

#9 Loppox, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  10. candyjiru

I'm am astrologer and Tarot reader and I feel that astrology has more to do with the way you tend to act and perceive things and how this will affect you in the future... as for Tarot, it's more of an unbiased third party who can comment and show where you will go if you continue with what you are doing~ I don't believe it can tell the future, just tell most possible outcomes of what you are doing now~ this also leads us to be able to change our path and create a different destiny as well~ the future is up to us and no one can predict the future or we wouldnt have any disasters... why did no one look at the stars or the cards for 9/11 or the France terror attacks or the Orlando Mass Shooting? It doesnt work like that imho, but it's great to understand what is going on and such and why we act the way we do~ btw I'm an Aries with a Taurus Moon and Capricorn Rising haha but I have so many aspects to Neptune in my first house that I am pretty ruled by the planet and have a lot of intuitive feelings and understanding of tarot and such~

If you want to learn more, I suggest getting a deck and it's accompanying book (a full book, not just the little mini one that comes with the box) and make sure it has pictures on every card so you can easily make connections and such~ I started with the Goddess Deck and the book too~ It was perfect for learning and studying... I can give more tips if you need them ^.^

Astrology is not just based on ones sun sign, but on the moon and planets and the houses they sit in and the signs that rule those planets~ some planets move slowly and affect generations, but the "personal planets" or the ones close to the sun, move quote quickly~ then those planets can aspect (or connect with) other planets~ that's why even if two people are taurus, they will be totally different~ you need your birth date, exact time of birth, and place of birth to get a full reading~ I'd really suggest you do it, but obviously am prohibited from giving my personal website on here haha

11. Multiverse

Multiverse Guest

Oh, you have a website about astrology? Apparently you take this a little bit more seriously than I thought. Well, thank you for trying me to explain astrology, but I just don't understand it. While, astrology might be true, I think that there are perhaps also some other explanations for the data and for why people believe that astrology is true. But there are good news for you, and for everyone who believe in astrology. About 25% of people in the west, as far as I have seen the polls, claim to believe in astrology, and that is a huge number. But I personally simply cannot understand astrology, perhaps I am not intelligent enough :slight_smile:

12. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sagittarius! Love astrology!

13. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know much about astrology, and what little I know about tarot makes me slightly uneasy, though I must admit tarot cards are beautiful (the illustrations, I mean) and I'd love to be able to play one of the original card games they were intended for with.

Can they predict the future? Probably. I don't really dabble in that kind of stuff because I'm superstitious. My religious beliefs are a weird mixture of Catholicism and Shinto so that unique blend makes me particularly wary of things like tarot cards and Ouija boards.

14. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I don't really believe in stuff like that, but I'm a bit interested in Tarot because I think it's elegant and seems quite fun. ^_^

15. candyjiru

Haha, well, I am an astrologer and a tarot reader XD;;;; Sorry my explanation wasn't good enough... and now you're banned so... x.x;;;;

16. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been studying astrology since age 14. I am a Sun in Libra, Moon in Taurus, Gemini Rising, ascendant-ruling Mercury in Scorpio in the 6th house.
    I also like the Enneagram. I'm a 4w5.

17. PrettyinPunk

Yeah I think it fits for the most part. Pieces and Sagittarius work well together. I seem to attract a lot of these fishes because most of my friends have this sign. I swear they are all very emotional and creative people. The only problem is as a Sag I suffer from too many ideas not enough focus. And Pieces have big imaginations but sometimes have problems applying it. Basically I tend to have moments of unfocused, hesitation, which is frustrating. Thankfully they're uncommon and don't last long.

Ooh nice on the Sagittarius rising! Also my Mars is Taurus too.

Looks like you have an interesting chart there too.

Well the person who gave me the cards gave me a book as well. I haven't read it yet, just skimmed it. It looks really old and not many pictures. When I find it I'll take a look, if I can't figure it out I'll hit you up. Thanks!

Woot woot!:grin:

18. candyjiru

Ooh, why thank you~ and if you ever need any help or have any questions, feel free to ask me ^.^ I love astrology and tarot, and there are lots of tips on how to remember the cards and the meanings and such if you need help ^.^

19. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's been a while since I had a tarot deck, so I don't remember the cards well. I'd definitely like a deck again though, it's a lot of fun! Astrology too is fun, I love looking at my friends' natal charts (I even check them for my original characters XD). I'm a Capricorn, moon in Libra.

My sister is much more into the occult and just occassionally pulls me into stuff like this. (Scorpio, moon in Pisces; so apparently it's to be expected of her.)

20. candyjiru

Ooh, I'm a Capricorn Rising~~ Hmm~ I bet you hate conflict and tend to think the way you do things are the best because they're tried and true?

And yeah, the depth and ease of reading people of Scorpio and the wisdom of the other world of Pisces would make for a great astrology/tarot reader~~ *.*