1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod Touch question...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MusicIsLife, Mar 8, 2009.

1. MusicIsLife

I need a new iPod. My iPod video broke a few months ago and i never replaced it cause i couldnt afford it/it cost way too much to get it fixed.

In December i got a free iPod shuffle when i got my cell phone, but its way too small for me, I want something with at LEAST 30 gigs of storage.

So i was looking on the apple site at the iPod video & the iPod touch and i thought: damn, those ipod touches are so cool.

Now my question to you all is: what are the chances of a touchscreen to stop working? Because I work with a touchstreen computer at work so its nothing new to me, but sometimes my work computer likes to screw up.

Other than that, how good are they compared to like...an iPod Video?

2. Melissa

Well, I've had my Ipod Touch for two years and it still works! ^^ Before that I owned a Video and to be honest, I like the Touch better. I had no problems with either though.

3. Bryan44

I love have an ipod nano, and the touch. I love the touch and Ive had it for almost two years and the touch screen still works. I go running with it, I use it when I am taking a shower, (on my idock), its been through a lot and still works. I love it, and you can play around on the internet wherever there is wifi.

4. Lizz K

I have the iPhone and it works great. They freeze occasionally, and stuff like that, but it's all easily fixable. The touch screens really aren't at much risk for things like...well, just stopping to work.

5. notquitebutch

I've had mine for a while, and I've had a lot less problems with it than my previous ipods (photo, video) I'd say go for it :slight_smile:

6. MusicIsLife

:grin: thanks guys.

They look damn cool, so I think I'll go for it, thanks for the advice!

7. TheRoof

lol i dont have answers to ur questions b/c i have no idea,
    but i really want to get iPod touch. it looks soo cool omg

8. DexterMorgan

I remember when I went to answer my original iPhone one day, I couldn't slide to answer... The bottom half of the touchscreen was dead. I just took it to the Apple Store, and they replaced it right there.

9. sdc91

I got mine over the holidays. I like it, but I find that I keep using my old red nano 4GB instead. I just think the touch is too bulky to bring along to the gym or go running with, plus I hate damaging my things so I'm really wary about carrying it around.

10. tm74

tm74 Guest

The Apple touchscreens are technically very different in the way they work from the usual "soft TFT" touch screens. Because they don't rely on pressure being detected, they can be made from *very* tough acrylic, rather than a softer plastic that has to be able to move.

I have an iPhone (which I look after) - and it has the same screen technology as the Touch - and it's very very tough. One of my work colleagues dropped his from a fair height onto a tarmac surface, screen down, it slid under his car, screen down, and it didn't even scratch.

Believe me. it's tough. Really really tough. However like sdc91 I'm considering getting a small ipod nano or shuffle to use at the gym etc, although as mine is also my phone, it's rare I don't have it with me...

11. DexterMorgan

The screen is made out of 'optical enhanced' glass, so that's why it's so tough.

12. interstella

I've had my iPod Touch for just over a year now and it still works great. It has survived multiple drops, being thrown into a wall (wasn't my fault) and even a bit of water. I love it <3

I would recommend getting a screen protector and a hard case. They can be expensive, but they're SO worth it. :slight_smile:

13. Stuie

I LOVE my iPhone, in fact I'm typing on it right now. They're pretty hard to break and scratch which is great!