1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lisa Lampanelli: love her? or hate her?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberstone, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Emberstone

Anyone here a fan of Lisa Lampanelli? She is a insult comic who has become popular on comedy central, and is best known for her insult comic style where she plays on every racial, social, and gender orientation stereotype there is to get people to laugh at how silly things such as racisem, sexisem, homophobia, and the like really are.

She can be quite shocking, and I know alot of people who think she goes to far, but personally, I have grown to like her alot. Also, I like that at the end, she always praises the people in the front rows who she used as the base for starting her jokes, for being great sports about it.

2. Phantasma

I love her. She does push any and every button she can find, but that's her style of humor. At first I was very offended, until I realized that it was all an act and not actual hate. I watched her Bravo special just the other day. She does praise and ask for a round of applause for all the people she includes in the show which is really cool. I can easily see why some think she's horrible, but I actually really enjoy her.

She gives a different perspective to all the issues we are too uptight about. She makes it okay to laugh at things instead of obsessed and freak out over them in this society that is so overbearing with constant political correctness.

3. Emberstone

I always felt that her brand of humor actually shows just how pathetic and lame racisem, ageism, religous bigotry, and homophobia really is.

It is taking a risk, but yah, she doesnt do it to be malicous. she does it to make you think.

4. Shevanel

Dude! I LOVE Her, she's actually coming to UB really soon and me and a few friends are going to see her! I'm so excited, I'm sure this topic was sparked because her stand up show was on Comedy Central tonight haha. She's so awesome, and seriously, I wish more people were like her and could take a joke, everything is about Political correctness nowadays. lol, one of her funny jokes is about Clay Aiken, its on youtube i think haha.

5. Greggers

I like her...

But shes just no were NEAR Kathy Griffin or Marget Cho for me :slight_smile: I LOVE me some female comics who love there gays!

6. Emberstone

I wish margret cho was on comedy central more. I used to love her so much, but rarely get a chance to catch her. I also think kathy predominately does hbo, so I dont get to see her much, but she also is a fav.

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't stand her, and not for her "shock humor". My favorite comedian is George Carlin, because he could tell sickening and offensive jokes and actually make them funny, not just surprising. Half of Lisa's act is "I love black penis!", the other is "Fuck fuck fuck!". Not funny at all.

8. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i love her. she is so shocking and rude. i would love to know her. she is my kinda people hahaha. she did the Roast of pam anderson. and it was amazing. id link it...but im sure it breaks rules on here just because the way she talks. ^_^

9. Shevanel

Well George Carlin IS the king of Comedy and I was really sad when he died. oh well, can't live forever. He was awesomely amazing tho.

10. Mickey

Yuck,I hate this woman! She's too over the top for me! A great comedianne,IMO,is Kate Clinton. Her,I love!

11. HyperMuse32

Her and I have alot in common comically, in the sense that we don't care who's around, we'll say what ever. I love her with a burning passion and she can hang out with me anytime.

12. jazzrawr

I find some of her stuff really funny, but some of her stuff isn't funny at all.

So I'm on the fence. At times, she can be hilarious.

13. Emberstone

she takes alot of risks.

I love carlin too, and i agree, it is so sad that he died. It seemed like in the last few years, we lost alot of commedians.

14. Shevanel

Too true :frowning2:

15. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

I love her. Cant wait till she comes back to my side of town. Ill be old enough to see her live.

"I hate dating the indians. Everytime we go out dacing it rains"

"You know what they say about buying a cannoe. Pait it black and it'll never tip"

love her to death. she can insult me any time.

16. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really hate her, but I've seen her a few times on the current season of Celebrity Apprentice and she seems really mean to her teammates, particularly when they don't follow through as well as she thinks they should.

17. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wasn't a fan of hers to begin with, but seeing her on Celebrity Apprentice has made me do a total 180 degree turn in that respect. Her drive and creativity really propell her team as far as I'm concerned.

Generally I'm a fan of any and all comedians, as I someday hope to be one, and now she's on the list of people I strongly respect and admire.

18. steel03

Seriously? She's a terrible comedian. None of her material is even a little bit creative or funny. All it is is shock humor, which doesn't take much talent as far as I'm concerned. I mean like what you want, but man, I really do not see the appeal... Better comedians=Paula Poundstone, Maria Bamford, Kyle Cease, Josh Thomas, Rachel Bloom.

19. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

I agree! I usually pee my pants and other people's pants when I listen to her she's so stinking funny!

20. I love her. But rude, crude humor always gets me.