1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FRIENDS: Trans or drag Queen

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Secrets5, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

In FRIENDS, is the character played by Kathleen Turner a drag Queen or transfemale?

Reason I'm asking is because the show referred to Turner as a drag Queen who worked at a drag show. Turner's character is also referred to as gay when dating males. However, the following link says that Turner's character is actually transfemale, but was Perry's character who refused to call Turner's character ''mum'' that made people think Turner's character was a drag Queen.

11 actually pretty shocking things Friends couldn't get away with today

As a note: Yes there are issues with FRIENDS, but the show wasn't marketed as an idelistic pro-everything way of living. It was marketed as a comedy (which breaks a lot of rules) that talks about how 20-30 year olds in 1990-2000s live their life.

So just wondering as to refer to Turner's character as Charles or [what I am going to assume] Helena?

[If you think it doesn't matter, I talk about friends * a lot * so I do need to get it right].

2. VacantPlanets

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being that they use a woman to play her indicates to me that the character is trans, has developed a body that can not easily be reversed.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Her name was Helena Handbasket and she referred to herself as gay. It seems pretty clear to me that she's a drag queen. It seems to me that the article is just trying to dig dirt.

4. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think drag queen.