1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In memory of Viola Beach.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Canterpiece, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For those of you that do not know, Viola Beach was an indie band that formed in Warrington in England (which was where I used to live) and they even went to the same school as me, although I never knew them personally.

They were killed (along with their manager) tragically in a car crash in Sweden in February this year. When the news spread about their deaths earlier in the year, many found it hard to take. The school even issued a post in memory of them, and wishing their families well in these hard times.

I decided to make this thread, as recently a lot of their songs keep popping up on social media and it just gets to me how they just had so much potential, only for that to be taken away from them so soon. They were so young too, and would have probably had a great career too if that incident hadn't happened.

It's almost...unreal when something like this happens to people that used to live so close to you, and hearing their songs now is somewhat jarring- it's hard to process that they've gone. I really like their style of music, and it's a shame losing a band that came from my Home town. I tend to feel a sort of happiness when I hear of people becoming successful from my home town, and losing them just feels almost...unfair.

Despite moving away, I will always have a connection to my home town in my mind, and watching their videos- particularly "Boys that sing" (the music video for that song was made in tribute for the band after their deaths) that contains Warrington landmarks in their video, has certainly reminded me of this. Sure, there were some things I didn't like about the area- and the band was the same when talking about their influences.

That's what I liked about the band, they seemed so real and honest. I feel like if it were not for the incident, they would have gotten far in life. It's just such a shame to lose a band that was just starting out like that.

If you haven't checked out their music yet, please do so. The whole incident has left me unsure how to feel, and with their music being brought back up again, it just highlights just how much of a loss it was. :icon_sad:

#1 Canterpiece, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone