1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I read Harry Potter?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BelieveinLove94, Aug 2, 2016.

1. BelieveinLove94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    All my friends keep going on and on about how good it is. I usually read romance novels. Should I read it?

2. rudysteiner

The series or the play?

The series is definitely worth the read, they're some of my favourite books. The play, too, is great. So far. If you haven't read the series then go for it, there are enough individual romances in there to get you through, and if not you can make some up as you go along. I believe there's a Draco and Hermione ship somewhere on the internet. That'll last you through to the play.

If you can't be assed reading the books and just want to read the play, then at least watch the movies (not what I'd usually say), and make sure you pay extra attention to Deathly Hallows parts one and two. They're massively important in the play.

#2 rudysteiner, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  3. Rabell9

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    They are certainly not huge on romance, though it is there in the later books in the series. If you think you could appreciate a series for it's humor and story, and don't mind a fantasy setting, these are honestly my favorite books ever. They are popular for a good reason. I would at least try them out.

4. Jellal

They are more about friendship than romance for the most part, but I would recommend these books to everyone. It is my favorite book series. If you like the idea of kids growing up and making discoveries in a whimsical magical world, then I promise you will love Harry Potter.

5. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's an internationally beloved series for a reason. I definitely recommend.

The reading is smooth and once you get into it, it becomes near impossible to put down. While romance isn't so much the aim, more of friendship and the classic battle between good and evil, it is good to branch out every now and again.

Go for it and I promise there will be no regret for doing so.