1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Books about what it's like to be a woman

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mangotree, Aug 7, 2016.

1. mangotree

My partner (who unlike me, has been in several straight relationships previously, and also has quite a few female friends), this weekend, opened my eyes to the fact that I've been ignoring my ignorance of the opposite sex pretty much my whole life. I guess I've always just seen everyone as the same/equal, regardless of gender. But there are clearly differences - especially psychologically that I unfortunately have never sought to understand.

Anyway, wondering if anyone can recommend any books that go in to depth about what it's like to be a woman in today's society, or what it's like to grow up as a female, or an honest/non-fantasy look at what it's like for average women to seek and/or find love. Preferably/obviously books written by women.

I've googled the question already, and found a few recommendations, but I'm always interested in non-best-seller-list books as well.