1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing thread!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by EleanorHunter, Aug 9, 2016.

1. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't see a thread for this (at least not a recent one), and figured I might as well start one! So if you're an author, poet, lyricist, I don't care as long as it involves words, welcome! Please use this place to discuss what you're writing, ask for suggestions, critiques, and help others overcome their writer's block.

I personally am more of a fiction/novel writer myself, though I have written a one-act play and that was a lot of fun. I have a couple of novels in progress, an abundance of short stories lying around, and have done NaNoWriMo a few times. Sci-fi and horror are my favorite genres.

Actually, if this thread starts getting popular, I could use some title suggestions for one of my stories. :lol: I'm sick of the one I'm currently using.

2. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm actually in the process of writing my own post-apocalyptic zombie story.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am ravenous for new ideas about what to do with a zombie apocalypse. Please tell. :thumbsup:

Otherwise I am slogging through a massive novel at the moment and I worry if I can finish it every time I open the file. X.X

#3 Argentwing, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  4. GayPugs

I'm writing a novel about two male partners of 5 years, Luis and Lucan, and Luis has just found out...guess what! Lucan is a vampire! I have no idea what to call it, any suggestions? It's not a completely romance-based story but a romantic name is ok but nothing with gay in it, I want it to be more about the characters and have the whole gay thing be just...you know...it exists. They just HAPPEN to be gay. No big deal.

5. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oooh I've been hoping someone would make another one of these!! I'll paste in some stuff in working on later :slight_smile:

6. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right now, I have no end in sight, I want to continue it as long as possible without it getting stale. It's very much inspired by The Walking Dead (both my favorite TV show and comic book).

I don't know what yours is based on, like The Walking Dead style or the Left 4 Dead style. But, I'd be more than welcomed to try to generate some ideas for you.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm juggling a lot of script and/or script ideas. I have at least twenty on my list to tackle, and some of them are stories I wrote a long time ago but just fell into a black hole.

Here's some of the ones that I either finished a rough draft for or I'm working on the framework for it as of this going up.

1) [Mystery/Thriller/Short]: Taking place in the quaint community college town of Mill Creek, we follow the day to day life of a depressed accountant as he tries to survive the motions of life all while a serial kidnapper is lurking in the shadows.

2) [Horror/Anthology]: Almost in the style of a found footage shockumentary, this is an anthology rooted in the Deep Web; featuring twisted stories of sadism and cruelty from a "red room" event where a group of strangers have to play a seemingly harmless game for their lives, to a social recluse chef with a peculiar palette who wants to show you a "recipe for success", and a home video where a romantic camping trip becomes a living nightmare for those involved.

3) [Revenge Thriller / Horror]: After the death of his sister, an emotionally damaged man abducts and tortures a homophobic hitchhiker as retribution for her hate crime fueled murder.

4) [Horror]: A cynical attack on the stereotypes about the horror community made by politicians and parental groups; this found footage movie details the downward spiral of a young person in an attempt to get the attention and admiration of his hero, horror filmmaker Fred Vogel--taking us on a trip to hell as he documents his growing obsession for the director that soon becomes disturbing and deadly fan worship.

5) [Mockumentary]: In the style of a VICE documentary, a film crew goes investigates a mysterious religious group that has slowly started gaining attention over the past fifteen years. Are they just a harmless group with a message, or do they have much more sinister intentions hidden behind closed doors?

8. Anime Max

I'm currently writing a "novel" about two boys trying to find their place in high school. One has to deal with a suicidal widowed mother, while the other has to deal with having no real friends to talk to (despite him being popular). They find similarities in each other's pain when their paths cross and they both begin to discover hidden parts of themselves. Such as their interests, sexual orientations, and what life could really mean to them with someone standing by them.
    It's nothing original and it's in no way special, but it's all I have right now. ^v^

9. killswitch0029

I have a couple short stories I wrote in college I've been meaning to tweak and maybe turn into something more longer in length. have a couple ideas jotted down from a few strange dreams I've had that I've been wrestling with... but I absolutely suck at writing anything outside the realm of realistic fiction :frowning2:

10. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oooh, I guess it depends on the tone of the story. If it's supposed to be dark and gritty you could name it something like "Midnight Smile" or "A Sharp Smile" or something like that (I'm sorry man I'm not good at gritty names). If it's supposed to be more light-hearted, it could be a joke or something funny like "The Things Not Mentioned in his Online Dating Profile". :lol:

I'm sorry, I'm awful when it comes to titles. I'm still looking for one for my own story.

Also I'm so happy people replied to this thread. :eusa_danc Please keep talking about your writing because I love to see all the awesome stuff you guys do.

11. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not writing a story or anything like that. I'm just journaling how many fluid ounces, protein, and calories I take in each day. So far, I'm taking in around 30 - 40 fl oz, 50 - 80 grams of protein, and 400 - 700 calories a day. I'm not starving myself. I'm on a liquid diet because I just had stomach surgery because of ulcers.

My goal on fluid intake is 64 fl oz and my protein is 80g. The fl oz is a constant challenge for me because I'm so ADD and it's hard to remember to keep sipping. I'm a gulper, and right now, it hurts too much to gulp because they fixed a hiatal hernia and made my stomach smaller (my stomach had a few ulcers and the Prilosec stopped working).

12. Deinna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm just making characters and figuring out the plot of a fantasy novel about wolf-like creatures. I have been stuck with the plot for a while now, but hopefully I can figure it out soon. :grin:

13. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Annnddddd as soon as I make this thread, I'm hit with writer's block. :lol: Oh the irony.

14. SHIELDAgentAlex

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh yaaaaaaaaay, idea sharing.

I had this idea about a dude growing up in a small, rural PA town, and he's gay, and he finds this out over the course of the film, and there's other stuff that happens too, but it's hazy in my…idea…space…thing.

Problem is, all the supporting characters are so much more interesting than the main character as it stands, especially the antagonist.

15. GayPugs

Omfg I love the "The Things Not Mentioned in his Online Dating Profile" that's a really funny one! Although, I'm still not sure what time-period this is cuz Luis uses a frickin typewriter lol but maybe he's just really, REALLY eccentric. :lol:

16. Formality

I enjoy writing song lyrics. I have a bunch of lyrics that I could use if I ever decide to compose music. I really should spend more time on the piano.

17. logansarah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I write fantasy fiction, fanfiction, poetry, and nonfiction.

18. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay! Enough of me just alluding to the title for my story that I need! :lol:

Basic plot summary: Popular girl Agatha is at her first college party, when she is raped and murdered. She starts to walk into that bright white light, when she falls down and ends up facing a demon. He makes a deal with her; become his minion, kill every person on a list he gives her, and he will give Agatha a new immortal body with insane powers and the ability for her to seek revenge on her rapist. Back in the real world, Agatha starts hunting down these sinners, when she finds one girl on her list named Mavis. Initially, she saves Mavis from a near-fatal incident, and can't figure out what this girl has done to get on her list. But either way, Agatha can't hurt her, because she's absolutely smitten. <3 So instead, she goes on a journey with Mavis to figure out how to break her demon pact and become mortal again.

I have no idea what to title it. I had an idea to call it "Sincerely, Your Demons", and for Agatha to write a letter of remorse for every victim, but I'm starting to hate the letters thing, and it wouldn't make sense for the rest of the story. Any suggestions?

19. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm planning out one right now, called "Welcome to Famenta" (which, has an unfortunate abbreviation). It has 6 main characters and has multiple plots surrounding them. There's:

Enla Kaja, who is the protagonist. Ey (Spivak pronouns really caught on in Famenta) based a lot on me. Ey's also agender/genderfluid, asexual, and panromantic. Ey's shy, but nice to eir close friends. In chapter 6 (eir first appearance), ey meets Cero. Ey is 15 right now, but will be 16 when the book starts.

John Helmsley. When he was younger, his father killed himself, so he's still affected by that now. He's one of my only straight main characters. He lives in a bad neighborhood with his mom, Vi, and her girlfriend (later wife), Mona. In his first appearance, he finds out about their relationship, and then they get engaged. He's 15.

Cero Oostergooster. Chapter 1 is moving day for him. He moves from Massachusetts to Famenta, a fictional country east of Japan about the size of Alaska. He's gay and eventually dates Majid Nejem. I don't really have a personality developed yet, but he misses Massachusetts. He was originally a recurring character from my last story, JAMMN. He's one of the more athletic ones. He's also embarrassed by his full name, Cornelius Ecclesius Reginald Oostergooster. He's 15 and later 16.

Alba Hyder. The richest one, and the granddaughter of former president Casey Burkhart. She wants to be like everyone else. When she was younger, she got cancer in her leg, causing it to not work well. She is also one of the more athletic ones despite her leg. She's bisexual, and has a kind of on/off relationship with Josie Nummi.

Tori Rhee-Reeso. Named after something I learned in 7th grade, TORRR REEE REEE REEE SO. Originally thought it was a person. In her first appearance, she finds out her father wants her to move back to Leander, which is a state way up north, similar to Alaska. She's also one of my only straight characters. Her stepsibling is Zenzi. She's dating Dale, who a lot of people, including Enla, find annoying.

Zenzi Darza. Born Kreszenz Držić. My other agender character, and is also pansexual. Eir mother died after ey was born, so eir father raised em by himself.

Also in the story are the characters' parents, Mr. Markson, who runs the school's diversity club; Majid Nejem, Josie Nummi, and Dale Pasternak, their SO's; Jack Hutson, Enla's rival; Nergui, Dale's best friend; and Kenny, the Kajas' mailman.

20. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ The fact that you can have all those characters and don't get them confused is amazing and you should definitely congratulate yourself for that. :eusa_clap

#20 EleanorHunter, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016