1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk about Fiona Apple

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Formality, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Formality

The first song I ever heard from her was "Why Try To Change Me Now" and I was completely captivated. I couldn't believe how good she was. I have since listened through her whole discography a multitude of times. I can't tell you which is my favourite album because I love all of them, they are all fantastic. Favourite original song would have to be either "Sullen Girl", "Red Red Red" or "Paper Bag". Favourite cover is either "Why Try To Change Me Now" or "Please Send Me Someone To Love"

Is anyone else on here just as completely obsessed with her music? What is your favourite original song, cover song and album?

Let's talk! :icon_wink

#1 Formality, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  2. theskylitup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    YAS YAS YAS
    Fav song: Tie between Paper Bag and Left Alone
    Cover: Jolene <3
    Album: Tie between When the Pawn... and The Idler Wheel... with the Brion version of EM begging to get in there

#2 theskylitup, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  3. timo

I have only listened to The Idler Wheel but that one's good. Been meaning to listen to her other albums but so far I didn't, oops.

4. Formality

I urge you to listen to her other albums. They really grow on you, each with their own style.

She has this melancholy in her voice that just gets to you. She is incredible at evoking emotions with her voice. She just has this thing about her voice like she pours her soul out in her singing. She is honestly one of my favourite female singers along with artists like Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Joni Mitchell etc.