1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I could have been a youtube star

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by FuelsMySong, Aug 13, 2016.

1. FuelsMySong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Back in 2009, I started a youtube channel. I had uploaded a haul, a video of me singing, and a comedy video. I got comments, likes, and subscribers. Some comments were hate comments but I had defenders as well. Anyway, so my cousins found it and they made fun of me. I deleted my youtube. I look back on it now and wonder whether I would have been successful at it if I continued with it until now. Considering I got subscribers maybe but I don't know. Just some thoughts. I was fourteen in 2009 by the way.

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can kind of understand how some things might be embarrassing when your family starts bothering you about it, I used to do some animations on youtube back in the old days and the art didn't exactly age well, plus I was pretty immature when I wrote the scripts considering I was twelve or so... I'd deleted it eventually.

I kind of wonder where I'd be if I kept the hobby, I just sort of drowned in school work in the higher grades and never got back into it.

Of course, anything you put enough practice in will improve greatly over time. Could always pick it back up, but with all the off years it'd take a bit to get caught up again, but you should be better at it after.

3. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Why don't you restart your YouTube channel? :slight_smile:

You could still be a YouTube star. Plus, you wouldn't have to deal with any regrets.

4. Embi

Embi Guest

The thing is, you'll never know. It's true that some YouTubers that started out 2009 are very successful now, but they aren't the majority. It's important to do what you love, no matter what others say. If you really want to start a channel again because you think it would be fun, do it. If you just think about the "becoming a YouTube star" aspect, then don't do it. All these famous YouTubers, even those that are fake now, started making videos because it was fun and none of them expected to be famous. I think it's harder to be successful now, but if you have fun and stick to it, it isn't impossible :slight_smile: