1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BoA's self-titled debut American CD

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BeautifulStranger, Mar 21, 2009.

1. BeautifulStranger

[​IMG]

BoA's first American CD dropped on the 17th.
    Does anyone else have it?

There's no excuse not too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Bill sent it to me via Skype.
    If I can get her AMERICAN debut CD in Germany, you all can too!

ANYWAYS,
    This CD surpassed all expectations I had for it, and let me tell you, I had a lot.

I've listened to it about.... 12 times since Tuesday. There is not a single track that I hate.

The whole CD is dance music. No sappy 'I love you' or 'You broke my heart' shit.
    Sure, songs have those themes, such as 'I Did it For Love' or 'Obsessed', but they're still insanely great dance songs. I can hear each song being played at a club. They're all so amazing.

Okay... here goes a track listing with a very short description after each.

1.) I Did It For Love [feat. Sean Garrett]
    A great start. One of her 'you broke my heart' songs, but you really can't tell with the fun beats. This is her second single and the video has been sneak peaked on MTV several times. I can't wait for the debut.
    2.) Energetic
    A song purely about dancing. It makes me want to get on the floor and command the whole club's attention.
    3.) Did Ya
    Another break-up song. But this one is saying 'Step off bitch. I'm fierce as hell and you've lost your chance'. Love love love it!
    4.) Look Who's Talking
    This song makes me feel like the hottest thing since hell. The first lines are amazing: "Champagne, caviar, hot boys at the bar lookin' at me. Yeah, they're lookin' at me". This song is sorta like Britney's song Circus. It basically says, "I'm running the show".
    5.) Eat You Up
    My favorite song on the entire CD, her debut single. The beat is crazy and her dancing in the music is beyond amazing. It makes me want to sit a guy down and give him a private show. Clothes come off when I hear this song.
    6.) Obsessed
    Another love song. The beat, as usual, is insane. The lyrics are amazing too. They're all about how a guy makes her crazy and she's obsessed with him. For example the line "I could get arrested carrying on this way". Loves it!
    7.) Touched
    My favorite part of this song is the opening. It just sounds so Asian, for lack of a better word. I don't think an American artist would combine a music boy and police sirens. The song basically says: I'm waiting, so come get me.
    8.) Scream
    Another psychotic song, following the example of 'Obsessed. It begins with the line "Underneathe the setting sun, something wicked your way comes". I admit, as a slightly psychotic boyfriend at heart, I love this. The lyrics deliver the message: I'm going to get what I want, whether you want to give it or not.
    9.) Girls on Top
    This is the only song that gets slightly annoys me. BoA is the number one pop singer in all of Asia, so she can clearly be called a girl on top. The song states her independence as a 'girl on top'.
    10.) Dress Off
    The song is as scandalous as the name implies. Except instead of dropping her clothes when the guy wants it, she's telling the guy, "We're doing this the way I want to do it." Again, BoA asserts herself as a powerful and fierce woman in charge.
    11.) Hypnotic Dancefloor
    Can be best described as a dance anthem. BoA's answer to Lady GaGa's 'Just Dance'.

I give her CD a 10 out of 10.
    Everyone, check her out and love her!

2. davo-man

Oh, wow, thanks for the recomendation. I loved the song she did with DBSK and Trax, Triangle. Freakin Sweet!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwGvRll0JGc&feature=related[/youtube]

3. techie01

BoA Is great! I like her earlier work!

4. TheRoof

i like Eat You Up. it's a very good song

5. Greggers

Thanks for this one Tyler! You have some fierce music taste :slight_smile:

I just *cough* found my way to a copy of the CD and its quite good! VERY good for dancing, im going to be grinding more than normal now! (and thats quite a feat)

6. Greggers

Um, yea, Look whos Talking is just plain E P I C WIN

7. BeautifulStranger

I knew you'd love that song.

Britney Spears helped write it.
    You can hear Britney's touch all over it.

8. Greggers

Wow, yea now that you mention it that makes ALOT of sense.

Damn, even my subconscious loves britney :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When i was growing up, BoA meant Bank of America. :slight_smile:

Lex

10. Kirakishou

My seventh grade teacher used to call her boa constrictor.:grin:

11. Greggers

Ok ive listened to this CD atleast four times so far, its SO amazing. I just have to dance when its on.

12. Chaos

Energetic is a hot dance track! Eat You Up is awesome and so is I Did It For Love. Those three songs have some sick beats!