1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four days later, Jade Goody

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Wander, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  2. Just Adam

i just dont care be honest she earnt money by beeing stupid and the way she exploited her death was sickening people kept saying on the tv oh shes brave oh shes promoting the illness, no she wasent brave and cancer is the one thing doesent need promoting we all know about it she made a reality tv series of her slow death for money for the kids apparently why cant her husband work and support the kids and she die with some dignity. gordon brown even said about her courage and that today its pathetic. im sorry to seem so cruel and heartless but i dont like people taking an illness like this and profiting from it by putting on a circus show of the reality of dieing. perhaps im just weird but i think death should be beautifull and dignified its your last act in the world not a media oppertunity.

sorry again for the heartless rant

3. kettleoffish

This may be heartless, but when I saw the news, the song Ding Dong! The Witch is Dead popped into my head.

I'm going to hell :icon_sad:

4. jotheoneandonly

i have a rather chirstian view on this.

its mothers day, so i can imagen the pain her family are going through. i prayed for her two sons and husband in church today.
    as she passed away this morning, my prayers and thoughts are with her family during this hard time.

5. Just Adam

the kids i feel sorry for but him he married her knowing she was dying he allowed her to film her slow painfull death and he prob gets a fair bit of money from all this with some in a trust fund for the kids but i dont feel sorry for him hes alive and wealthy and can always re marry and move on. perhaps i jsut have no faith in humanity lol

6. pirateninja

As much as I really don't like Jade Goody at all, I'm sorry for what her family must be going through. Especially her kids on this Mother's Day.

7. EM68

I also feel bad for her family. But as far as dying with dignity I don't think so. She exploited her dying to make money. I found that very distasteful.

8. Helen

Helen Guest

^To be fair, it WAS for her little boys. :frowning2:

I never particularly cared for the woman myself, but I wouldn't have wished that of her. Feel awfully sorry for her family, too.

9. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I guess it is Mother's Day over there. We don't have ours until May 10th.

10. Just Adam

i cant see how its for her kids they didnt need the money she got for that documentary and the old man can go work and earn a living to raise his kids other parents do it wasent needed for the kidsand i dont think she thought of them jsut the money cos i can imagine them watchign the tape of it all in a few years and beeing distraught at theyre mothers decline i lived through my mothers it would be devastating to witness it all again knowing the outcome

#10 Just Adam, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  11. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She can be faulted for many things, but I don't begrudge her last decision to make as much money as possible for her family. If you know you're not going to be around for them, and can at least make sure they won't need to be afraid of poverty, why not?

12. Just Adam

i must be weird i put dignity and pride above money oh well she did it my moaning aint gonna change nothing people wanted to watch her they paid her thats life

13. Apocalypte

I didn't like the woman one bit, but no matter what way you look at it it's very sad for two young boys to be left without their mother.

14. Greggers

I have NO clue who this woman is o_o

a quick fill in, anyone?

15. EM68

16. pokeypanda

Thats for the link, because I had no idea who she was.
    But I do feel bad for her famly

17. SirBoobalot

Eh... yes, I feel for her family, just like I feel for the loved ones of anyone who dies of cancer (or any other terminal illness, or a fatal accident, or, or...). I don't see why I'm supposed to feel worse for her than for Heather round the corner though; after all, I know Heather significantly better, and her husband was far, far, far less annoying in life than Jade Goody.

18. Greggers

So she was on alot of Big Brothers? Why does everyone dis-like her? xD Sorry just skimmed the article :x

19. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's pretty hard to define dignity and pride in a universal manner, though. For you it might mean dying in a quiet environment, surrounded by your loved ones. For Jade Goody it might mean dying in such a manner that it ensures her family a good life. And who's to say her definition is more wrong or right?

20. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jade was a sort of marmite equivalent of the British c-list celebrity world. You either loved her or hated her. She had a big gob and was as thick as two short planks and everyone disliked her when she first appeared on big brother a few years ago. But then people started to realise that what you see is what you get with the woman. If she thought something she just said it, and I think people really identified with her.

I'm not really into my celebrities but I'll tell you one thing. Attendance to cervical screening in the UK has shot up! Her death is sad, but in that way some good has come of it and indirectly she may have saved a few women's lives, just by putting it into the media spotlight.