1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emmys 2016 Thread!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by nbd, Sep 18, 2016.

1. nbd

nbd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anyone around watching the Emmy's & red carpet? Would love to chat about it!

Who are you rooting for?

Game of Thrones & Sherlock: The Abominable Bride all the way!

(!)(!)(!)(!)

2. nbd

nbd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Heh, nevermind I guess :slight_smile:

Jill Soloway's speech was stunning though, winning as a director for Transparent.

"People ask me if it's hard to be a director, and I tell them, no. Life is very hard. Being a good partner, mother, being a good person is hard. Being a good director is so easy, I get to make my dreams come true. It's a privilege, and creates privilege, when you take people of color, women, trans people, queer people, as the subjects of stories, you change the world, we found out. … So I want to thank you, my sweet Jeff Bezos, because you changed the world, and invited me to do this thing that these people call television, but I call a revolution. I've always wanted to be part of a movement. This TV show allows me to take my dreams about unlikable Jewish people, queer folk, trans folk, and make them heroes. Thank you to the trans community. Topple the patriarchy!"

3. hollychristina

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I enjoyed the show and I loved that Sarah Paulson won the Emmy. It was long overdue and i have been a fan of her work for years now.