1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Band and Why?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by reny, Sep 27, 2016.

1. reny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Basically what the title says - tell us what your favourite band is, why, and your favourite song they made.

Band? Marianas Trench
    Why? They have catchy songs, great lyrics, and the videos are fun to watch. I can also tell you from personal experience that they are AWESOME live
    Song? Basically all of them but I love So Soon and Forget Me Not
    (!) dance dance dance (!)(!)

2. poeticpenguin

Out Status:
    A few people
    I absolutely love Billy Talent! I would say they're my favorite because they have an amazing sound. They really stray from the typical stuff you normally hear in mainstream media and it's just fun to rock out to them. On a deeper level, their lyrics really convey the human experience in such a way that cuts to the heart. I find myself relating emotionally to what I listen to and that makes the music that much more powerful. I also love Twenty One Pilots for the same reasons, but I'll let Billy Talent take the win this time.

3. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Korn.

They're the band that introduced me to not only heavy metal, but they're the reason why I got into music in general. Then I look at all of their albums that they've released, and I can't help but love each one. Not to mention, I love Jon's vocals. Doesn't sound like any other metal band that I have heard.

#3 Blood Elf, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  4. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At the moment, Kitchens of Distinction, because their lyrics are wonderful and everyone can find meaning in them. Julian Swales is a very talented guitarist and you can hear the care that goes into making and producing their music. I love the almost otherworldly sound that they create, it's like nothing I've heard before.

5. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At the moment, Kitchens of Distinction, because their lyrics are wonderful and everyone can find meaning in them. Julian Swales is a very talented guitarist and you can hear the care that goes into making and producing their music. I love the almost otherworldly sound that they create, it's like nothing I've heard before.

6. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Korn, I used to listen to them everyday back in high school, indeed a very unique sounding band. They used to really hit me right in the feelings.

---------- Post added 28th Sep 2016 at 09:56 AM ----------

My current favorite band would probably be Gojira. I like the general tone of their music, their live performances are powerful and full of energy and I like just about every song they have.

7. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a huge fan of R&B music and in recent years...there are not that many bands around but old school bands who are relevant by touring on a continuing basis. Therefore, with that being said..I would have to choose Earth, Wind and Fire. I love them because they are timeless and although they have been around for decades ...their live shows are awesome. The musicianship is tight as well as their vocals after all of these years.

8. Deinna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My favourite band is Skillet.
    I first heard their songs a few years ago and I fell in love with the music almost immediately. The vocals ant the music are great and the lyrics are so inspirational. Also, the band members are like the kindest and most humble people I know. I look up to them so much.
    I have many favourites, but Not Gonna Die, Lions, The Resistance, I Want To Live and Hero are really close to my heart.

9. guitar

Queensryche. The goosebumps their first 5 albums leave me with are unmatched. The songwriting and performances are simply stunning.

10. AyaseKishimoto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Riff

They introduced me into Heavy-metal, and they were the ones that broke up the bullshit and progresive argentinian Rock.

11. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Garbage because they've never had a bad album. I saw them in concert in 2000; it was a blast.

12. Ryu

Ryu

I never really have a favorite band consistently, but at the moment it would be Dr. Feelgood. More mojo than a ferret on cocaine. That was hyperbole.

Favorite solo artist though is our lord chet Atkins. Praise be.

13. Catman

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The killers

99% percent of their songs are amazing and fun to sing along to. (Also the lead singer is hot)

Best song is Human or mr brightside

#13 Catman, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  14. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Favorite band? Opeth. Swedish death metal what's not to love? Favorite song is probably "In My Time of Need".

Next is Swallow the Sun. Hold This Woe.

15. L0ser

It's incredibly hard to pick this, as I listen to a ton of great bands making different genres of music (and my "favorite" changes frequently)

But I'll have to go with Modest Mouse.

Isaac Brock is one of my favorite lyricists for being able to have some of the most ridiculous and depressing lyrics I've ever heard (Comparing "This Devil's Workday" to "Life Like Weeds" is a good example of this.) Plenty of songs have some black humor, or can be seriously sad.

But they sound great in my opinion, their last album being hit or miss unfortunately, but they've proven themselves already with amazing albums like The Moon & Antarctica and The Lonesome Crowded West. The instrumentals aren't usually groundbreaking or anything, but they're always trying something new. The wide variety of music, all usually with some sort of depressing undertone, keeps me interested.

There's a ton of their music that I connect to a lot, but if I had to pick a favorite song it would probably be "The Stars Are Projectors," for including a lot of what I love about the band in on song. The weird intro, the good lyrics, and some nice instrumental backing.

16. iiimee

Hey, my favorite band is Marianas Trench too! XD I like them because I think the lyrics are very clever, intelligent, and, like you said, they always sound awesome... My favorite songs are probably "Celebrity Status", "Masterpiece Theatre II" and "Dearly Departed".

17. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If were talking bands and not individual artists, then Coldplay for sure. But particularly Mylo Xyloto and everything prior to that. Not too fond of their newest works.

Their songs pulled me from some deep depression when I was younger.

18. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The Beach Boys. They're rock, pop, and soul all put together in one. A lot of people think of them as the band with the surfing songs, but they are so much more than that.

19. RedEyeFlash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Fleetwood Mac. I love their music but I also love the Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham story. The whole "We love and are drawn to each other but can't be together" thing just speaks to me. [YOUTUBE]dKqxzx6tKio[/YOUTUBE]

#19 RedEyeFlash, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  20. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's hard to choose a favorite band, but i would probably choose Rise Against.

I like them due to the varying feel of each song and the near-poetic lyrics/vocals.