1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slam poetry

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by twelvegraves, Nov 10, 2016.

1. twelvegraves

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been to a club last year that featured slam poetry night and it was a really good time.
    There was this one performer that was known as Poet Destroyer A and the two of the poems this artist read was entitled "I Wore Your Skin" and "Pink Lace". Another performer known as The Seeker did a poem entitled "The Devil's Game" and another poet known as "Keeping It Real" performed a piece entitled "The Toilet Bowl Committee". There were other poets performing that evening but I just mentioned those that were a few of the highlights of the night.

3. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oooh! If you like slam poetry, you should watch a documentary called "Louder than a Bomb" which is how a bunch of high school kids in the Chicago area change their lives by writing poetry. It's really interesting and they write some really good, very raw poetry.

4. twelvegraves

! thank you!! youtube is blocked here so it's kind of hard to find more poetry
    'i wore your skin' looks particularly interesting

i haven't gotten to watch the entire thing but i do have the one done by the steinmenauts 'counting graves,' which is one my favourites of what ive heard so far