1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have to check...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sen1234, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Sen1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate that growing up with technology has made be borderline obsessive about it. It's like I'm terrified that if I don't have my phone on my 24/7 then I will most certainly miss and important message or event. It's ridiculous! Even when I'm not in an active conversation with someone over txt or social media I still feel the need to check my phone every other minute because "maybe I just didn't feel it vibrate" or "maybe I got a notification but the app was closed". It's exhausting having to constantly feel the need to make sure I haven't missed anything.

2. killswitch0029

I used to be kind of obsessive about my phone, so I began weaning myself off of it so I could learn to function without having it glued to me at all times.... But that might have been too successful, it's gotten to the point where I ignore my phone for 2-3 days on end. But my friends all understand and know that if they text I will get back to them eventually lol :slight_smile: