1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP Log-off Feature

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by silentsound, Apr 2, 2009.

1. silentsound

Ok, so I am running Windows XP, which automatically logs you off when you go idle unless you mess with the settings (I think). I love this feature, as it means I don't have to be quite so OCD about not leaving stuff up that I do not want my parents to find (ie empty closets). Except recently it has not been doing this, although I haven't made any changes to any settings on my computer (I am so busy I am barely on it anyway lately except to do school work). This is a problem because I have gotten a bit lazy about leaving EC and IM's about private things open on my desktop, does anyone know what I have to do/ what settings I have to change to make it perform this feature again?

2. Myke

Myke Guest

I've never really had problems with that with XP, with Vista yes. For me, I think it has to do with leaving the computer on for days on end and when I reboot it, it works again but I have made the effort to lock my computer if I do leave it for a period of time.

Try rebooting it and also check your screensaver settings.

3. Control Panel> Appearance and Themes> Choose a screen saver> Check "On resume display Welcom screen"
    I think that's what it is.

4. Techcompu2

you can also from the control panel, go to the POWER SETTINGS and there are settings for this here

5. theworld

a quick way to lock your computer before you leave is just to press the windows key and 'L' key together. I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

6. SamAlex728

Well, if you have a password set on XP, just hit the windows key and L at the same time. 'Tis what I do.