1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay fans...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BeautifulStranger, Apr 3, 2009.

1. BeautifulStranger

It seems to me that recording artists seem to appriciate gay fans more than the heterosexual fans.

Like, I was reading a blog from Lady GaGa about having to post-pone some concert dates because she was sick. And then randomly, she gives a shout out to all of her gay fans about how important we are and how much she loves us.
    Here's a quotation...

Not to mention my coming out to Katy Perry and then her winking at me throughout the rest of the concert.

In my oppinion, it has to do with the fact that gay fans are generally die hard fans. Michael Bublé has attributed it to the fact that we're so hard to impress (Really, we're not. Give us an insane dance beat and we're hooked). But here are examples with fellow EC members...

I plan on following Katy Perry and Lady GaGa (my two favorite recording acts) to the end of time.
    I know that if Melissa Etheridge was to become a coked out mess, Holly would metaphorically be there with her through it all.
    Greg will always be Sasha Fierce.
    Raffi loves Paramore even after they did the song for Twilight. Clearly, he's going to keep loving them.
    Joey (even though he's bi) and Tool... 'Nuff said...
    And don't even get me started on Lucy and Celine.

What do all of you think about this?

2. Greggers

I. Am. Sasha. Fierce.

....Sha!

But yea, i dont know how they could think we are harder to impress hah! All you have to do to win me over is make a song that oozes sex (Love Game and If U seek amy for example haha) And your totally right, if i can dance to it? I LOVE it! Right round being one of my favorites right now :slight_smile: BoA is also...wow...scary fun to dance to!

I think artists see what happens to people who pander to the gays :slight_smile: The gays seriously will make you rich if you win them over :wink: Cher? Yea, Cher. Her concerts are like 95% gay men i swear, from what i see in the videos. Also, not an artist, but people like Kathy Griffin and Tyra Banks always pander to "the gays" and they rake in the benefits.

And i dont know about the rest of you, but when i fall, i fall HARD. I like an artist? I make sure i have all there music, know there entire life story, try and go to concerts, tell everyone about them, ect. ect.

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is it so strange for me not to be attracted to musicians and performers who pander to gay fans? It's almost disturbing how it's usually for the money, and so rarely because they actually care.

4. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I disagree, although I do believe most things done in this world are done for money. If you wanted money then it would make more sense to pander to heterosexuals. I think they do it because seriously um we are awesome, and they know it. Like we totally rule, no one beats us. Us = Top of everyone else. (Not actual feelings just joking, I feel I should put this because I've been taken seriously on here before)

5. xXHolic

i dont think that the reason they seem to appreciate more their gay fans is because they are more hard to impress. There's also the belief that gay people tend to understand which type of art (when it comes to music, paintings etc) is better! more likely, which one is of better quality[lol is that even right? you get what i mean,right?]

6. Janvier

Pop music is impressive music? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. BeautifulStranger

Could we get a little positivity from you?
    I don't think it's strange that you aren't attracted to them, but I will say it's unfair that you generalize them as money-grubbing monsters.

Maybe famous people do what they do because they like it... MAYBE.

8. MusicIsLife

Its not just Pop musicians, you know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In an interview of Frank Iero and Gerard Way from My Chemical Romace [My fave band of all time] they were going on about how much they love their lgbt fans and how brave they think we are for being open about who we love and etc. Offhand i cant find the interview but it was pretty awesome.

9. Shevanel

"But [homosexuals] are humans and being gay is just the way they are. As soon as we figure out that this [homosexuality] is a part of some humans and has been an
    integral part of our society as long as we've been in existence, the
    sooner we can accept that and get on to evolving."
    - Maynard James Keenan of Tool, APC, and Puscifer :grin:

Yep Tool is pretty fuckin awesome :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I Agree...couldnt Say It Better Myself!!!

11. Alex19

ill follow Lady Gaga with you. she will lead us to the promised land.

12. Greggers

I would not say that too many artists pander to homosexuals FOR money :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Like it was said before, if you want money, there are MUCH better crowds of people to pander to. Bored house wives? Teenagers? Old people? If they wanted money they are going about it the wrong way haha. Countless musicians treasure there LGBT fans alot, if not the most, though and that is truth and not just money talking. Lily Allen for example, she is a huge fag hag and she loves it :slight_smile:

13. Shevanel

For the record, Tool is totally about not selling out and everything. thats why they aren't available on Itunes and stuff. Even the song Hooker with a Penis is about selling out and stuff. :grin:

14. RaRa

Ahem...Decode was pretty meh, but I loved I Caught Myself.
    And yes, i'll always love them. <3

15. lostinthought9

Lucy Lawless :eusa_clap

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHhrkJX1YcI[/YOUTUBE]