1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was that show?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Canterpiece, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, this has been bothering me for a while. There's this show I used to watch when I was younger, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.

The stuff I remember about it;

- It was a French cartoon (possibly French Canadian) and I used to watch the quite clearly English-dubbed version. I think it may have had a slightly French name to it?

- The show was about a group of foxes, and the main character was either a rather effeminate male fox with lots of brothers, or a girl fox with lots of brothers. I think they were blue, and the rest of the foxes (their brothers) were red, but it may have been the other way around.

- The brothers were aggressive, liked hunting and play fighting. The main character was soft-spoken, liked flowers, was a vegetarian (bit odd for a fox) and heavily disliked violence. They saw their brothers as overly brutish.

-They were an outcast, and when the brothers would play-fight with each other, the main character would sit alone making flower crowns (presumably out of daises, but may have been some kind of wild flower- I don't fully remember)

- The main character would often wear a flower crown, and I think the title was something French, and also the name of the main character?

- They were constantly mocked by their brothers for being "girly" and " overly sensitive", or otherwise "weird" to them. It's possible they weren't his/her brothers, and just his/her peer group, but for some reason I remember them being related to a load of brothers in a rather big family, and being generally ignored/forgotten by his family/ not fitting in/ being somewhat of a "disappointment".

- The show was very anti-violence, and slightly hippy-ish. I'd hazard a guess it was made in the 70-90's kind of era, maybe earlier. The style seemed rather old-fashioned when I used to watch it, so it doesn't seem like something released in the 2000's or 2010's. It was certainly not 2010's anyway since I used to watch it way earlier than that. But yeah, it doesn't seem like something from the 2000's either, based on the sort of vibe/message from the show, and the art style. I remember them looking quite pointy, a sort of triangular face (particularly the brothers, but I think the more soft-spoken main character might've been slightly more rounded than the others).

- There were lots of meadows and long-running hills, lots of flowers and in general beautiful scenery. The show was rather light-hearted, and was less plot-driven but more character building based, if that makes sense? I remember it being a more slice-of-life cartoon.

So...anybody any ideas? I've been searching for this for a while, and I definitely remember it which is why it's annoying me so much. :eusa_doh: Any suggestions on what it could be are very much appreciated. :slight_smile: :help:

2. Aeon Magus