1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling sad about a band break up?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RainbowsFactory, Jan 7, 2017.

1. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I know that this might sound a bit silly and stupid but I have been obsessed since last year with this Japanese group called "Berryz Kobo". I am feeling a bit sad right now because I just watched their final concert (they broke up in 2015) and now I'm feeling down and unhappy. I really love the group for their music, choreography, and each individual member, and knowing that they will never be performing again makes me sad. What should I do to feel better? :frowning2: Have you ever been through a band break up?

2. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's perfectly okay! I'm quite invested in a lot of bands so I've gone through this a few times. Of course, it takes time to process. But, no band can stay together forever, so what matters is remembering all the good times about them. The concerts, the great music, etc.

3. Quist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I listen to bands similar to them. I've read somewhere that bands like that tend to have a short shelf life so to speak and don't typically stay together for longer than a few years.

4. Godless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    NO but when Coldplay finally retires I will be devastated.

5. Elysian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When My Chemical Romance broke up I felt like someone stole an organ from my chest cavity and forgot to put it back again. I felt so stupid for feeling that way about a group of people that would never reciprocate/ acknowledge my existence but then I figured- they meant a lot to me (just like, I imagine, Berry Kobo meant to you) and it's okay to feel sad about that. I've just figured to get on with it after all of it. I don't know much about Berry Kobo but when My Chemical Romance broke up I just kind of came home from school, sat in my room for like 10 hours and just played their albums and got myself to the stage where I am now; "Don't be sad it ended, just be glad that it happened."

---------- Post added 8th Jan 2017 at 11:33 AM ----------

*Berryz (dammit)

6. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Yessss I was so sad about them breaking up. One of the saddest band break ups for me. And there's constantly rumors of them getting back together.

7. Elysian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ugh, you're so right. Were you there for the fiasco last year where everyone lost their minds of them getting back together and then it was just the re-release of The Black Parade? I fell for it hook, line and sinker tbh.

8. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I was like "Are. You. Kidding. Me?" That made me so angry lol

9. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you very much everybody, all of your comments have really helped me! And you are right Elysian, they will always be important to me, even if they don't know me. :slight_smile:

10. anthracite

anthracite Guest

It wasn't a band breakup exactly because they still exist. It was when Adam Gontier of Three Days Grace left. Took me 2 years to get over it and I'm a fast one here. Most 3DG Fans are still not over it.

11. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bolt Thrower and Type O Negative were pretty much devastating for me. i guess make peace with it
    EDIT : as a musciain, i find covering their songs a bit more comforting for me

#11 Bolt35, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017