1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any writers out there?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberstone, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emberstone

I was wondering if there are any writers in the EC community.

I just finished the first full draft of the fourth book in my series, and continue to edit and tweak the final draft of the manuscript for the first book. So far agents have been positive of the general concept of the book, but have been requesting edits. Unfortunately, I havent found a agent who finds it to be a good fit for what they are hoping to represent at this time, but it is encouraging that they have been taking the time to give me tips on what needs improvement, and telling me it is marketable if I can find a agent who has the proper connections to market it to the publishers it would be a good fit for.

Now I get to focus mainly on my classes, instead of mostly on my classes, which my free time after class assignments are done finishing my final edits on the fourth book before anyone in my family is allowed to read it.

2. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    im not a licensed pro ...but i am a self writer!

3. Pokerface

I've never published anything... but I enjoy writing a lot. I have a lot of short stories and poems... I'm the editor in chief of the school newspaper which comes out every month and I have my own column :slight_smile:. I keep a diary, too... which is pretty insane lol. I love writing! :grin:

4. Fiender

I'm not published yet and I've never taken a writing class but I am working on a novel at the moment.

5. KaydeeJayde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm currently writing a novel... which is going slowly, and I have a couple of short stories. Mostly I write songs though! :icon_bigg

6. Lacan

Yes! Working on a novel and also some short stories for publication. I don't think this violates the rules, since my writerly blog reveals nothing personal that ya'll don't already know, but... http:://destructiveanachronism.blogspot.com

is where i post some shortish fictions (if that's a problem, i'll remove post immediately). yay for writing!

7. Greggers

Im starting on my first novel now...

Ive always been a Poetry, Blogger and Short Story writer so i find novels hard to do hah. HOW someone can write so much on one topic beyond me. And being such a perfectionist i find it hard to write alot without spending too much time revising and editing. Every last word, every last piece of punctuation needs to be perfect for me.

Good luck with your writing though! (*hug*)

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someday, I want to be able to call myself a writer. I don't think I'm very good, but it's the one thing in my life I'm really passionate about. I've been working on a novel for about two years now.

9. pirateninja

Working on about three novels at the same time, I have a collection of finished poems and short stories that I'm just holding onto and I'm looking to study creative writing come September, in the hope that my writing improves, and the course I hope to take does offer the chance to submit work to reputable publications.

For now, I write for pleasure. In the future, nothing would be better than seeing a book on the shelf with my name on it.

10. KaydeeJayde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right after a music course, a creative writing course would be amazing. And I agree, it would be amazing to see a book on the shelf with my name on it!

11. Emberstone

I have spent about four and a half years on my series, and I am going to start in june *hopefully* working towards a applied sceince degree in english, which plans to focus on creative writing. Then, in a few years, I plan to transfer to oregon state, and get a proper degree in english, and if I have the time, a minor in humanities with a focus on religion.

12. Pokerface

I friend of mine is 19 and she already published the first book of her saga here in Mexico... and she has a contract for 4 more books... I'm so jealous ¬¬

:grin:

13. RaeofLite

*Joins in* I hope to have a couple books or series published in the next five years. :slight_smile: Nice to know fellow writers are around.

14. Emberstone

I just need to get a agent. I am about to become a full time student living on their own, so I am probably going to take a bit of time to get settled before I can dig back down into my agent searching.

I would love to have a agent this time next year if possible. However I need to keep up on my classwork too.

15. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am attempting to write something. So far I have two pages lol hopefully once school ends I'll be able to put more time into it

16. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

You should go with someone like Author House...DEFINITELY not an agent. Not all agents are bad...but a very large sum of them aren't always looking out for you. They're nice if they're trying to get you into a major publishing company, but chances of that happening without serious expertise, connections, major bucks and masterful writing is nearly zero. Booksurge, iUniverse are much better options. Buy the book called Keys For Writers, it's a very good grammatical book. Most people who desire professional editors just don't know basic grammar rules.

And yes, I just made a comma splice.
    But the important thing is, I know I did.

17. Dazed

Dazed Guest

ive been published once.
    when i was like 16 after that i never tried anything else.
    having others read my writing is like letting them see into my soul. i dont like it.

if you ever get the chance to read it, know you are very special to me haha

18. Lucky Panda

Same here. I've written tons of short stories and am working on 3 series at the same time. One of them is more of an anime-ish kinda, and my friend is helping my illustrate!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Those are just some of the characters. My second series more or less portays a mixture in heaven and hell, when a kid is born with an angel mother and a demon father. My third is just beginning... its a small playoff of Resident Evil... xD

#18 Lucky Panda, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  19. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

No agent. Tons of stories and poems, magazines, and books. No proper books to my name. :frowning2: Yet! :slight_smile:

20. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fanfic, mainly. I have written a few small non-fiction pieces that got published (and yes, I got paid), but nothing really to speak of.

Lex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.