1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you worked or studied in a foreign country?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by KyleD, Jan 18, 2017.

1. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hey guys, this thread is for people who have worked or studied in a foreign country or have an interest in doing so.

I spent last year teaching English is Colombia and it was very eye opening for me. I come from a very homophobic country but while a find Colombia heterosexist I didn´t find it particularly homophobic. During that time I was able to improve my Spanish tremendously and meet a lot of interesting people.

How about you guys?

2. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been living in Japan for nearly 3 years, I'll be leaving in March. I've also been teaching English. It's such a great and worthwhile experience to live abroad, I think.

I'm from Canada, which is very accepting of LGBTQIA+ people. Japan is the only country remaining in the G7 that hasn't legalized Marriage Equality nationwide. People here don't really seem to care or if they do it's in a positive sense, but the law doesn't reflect that at all. It's also a very gendered society. In that sense, I can't wait to get back to Canada.

3. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    That´s interesting! How is your Japanese? Were you able to learn the language while there?

4. LeticiaTheLesbo

I'm planning on spending 2 months studying abroad in argentina this summer, super pumped!

5. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In 7 months (if everything goes as planned), I'm studying in England. I really hope this is working out :grin:
    I would love to go to Scottland, but I would just be happy being able to go to England ^^