1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor who

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sonic1337111, Jan 31, 2017.

1. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are your reactions to Capaldi leaving on christmas this year and who do you think will take over from him, personally i hope Rupert Grint (the actor of Ron Weasly from the harry potter movies) will take over because the doctor has always wanted ginger hair and from what i've seen in work that he's done (more than just harry potter) he fits the role.

I kinda have mixed feelings right now because i haven't been watching much of capaldi's time as the doctor mainly because i've been trying to deal with college and part time work.

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

I'm not hugely surprised, because rumours kept on cropping up that this season was his last, but it's a shame to see him go. He was a great doctor - the show recovered a lot of its charm under him.

Personally, I'd lean towards having someone in their 30s or 40s, but apparently the BBC want a return to a 'dashing male lead and young female companion.' I think if Moffat had stayed on, the 13th Doctor would probably be female, going by all his hints and what he has said recently.

All in all, I don't particularly mind who they choose - could be any gender or race or what! - but I'm not keen on a young male actor. Otherwise he'd be compared to David Tennant endlessly, and that's not a fight he could win.

3. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The actor would possibly also be compared to Smith because to my knowledge he is the youngest actor to play the doctor

4. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

On the young side, yeah any young guy would be compared to both of them. But in terms of being 'dashing', I'm not sure they would compare a new doctor to Matt Smith (imo).