1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite place you've skied/snowboarded

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by musicenthusiast, Feb 6, 2017.

1. musicenthusiast

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I absolutely love going to the snow. I learnt to ski as a kid and have moved onto learning to snowboard, which I now prefer. Anyone else enjoy skiing or snowboarding? What ski resorts have you been to and what was your favourite one? Where would you like to go on your next trip? I'll go first:

Places I've been:
    The Remarkables and Coronet Peak - Queenstown, NZ
    Mt Hotham - Australia
    Whistler Blackcomb - Canada

I'd say Whistler's my favourite place I've snowboarded. It's such a big resort and we got a heap of snow over one of the nights and the powder was really nice. I'd love to go somewhere in the US next, or possibly Europe.

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most times I go snowboarding across the street from where I live because I live near a lake and in the Winter time its a frozen, winter wonderland for skiing and snowboarding and tobogganing. However, when I go on weekend trips with some close friends, we go to the Boston Mills Brandywine Ski Resort which is located in Peninsula Ohio.

3. musicenthusiast

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's awesome that you can go so close to where you live, that sounds like fun! I've never been tobogganing but would like to try some day haha. Ohio seems like a nice place to visit!

4. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love skiing and snowboarding! (I suck at snowboarding a bit, but I really want to improve). There are many many areas with ski resorts in my country. Some of my favorite ski resorts are:

Špindlerův Mlýn and Rokytnice nad Jizerou in Krkonoše mountains
    Klínovec in Krušné mountains
    Pec pod Sněžkou (can be translated as furnace below Sněžka, which is czech tallest mountain) in Krušné mountains
    Severák in Jizerské mountains

Outside of my country, I've also been skiing in Alps (Austria) and Tatras (Slovakia).. both gorgeous places for winter sports and not that far away for me.

And yeah tobogganing is super fun! That is a must for every czech children to go tobogganing during winter.

5. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live 25mins away from Bear Valley Ski resort here in California. Its probably my favorite that I've been to, but Shasta was really fun too. I need to go to the resorts in Tahoe, thats def something I want to do.

6. shootingstar

shootingstar Guest

I have skiied at Cardrona (near Queenstown) and a few times at Big Sky in Montana. Big Sky is huge, no crowds and definitely one of my fav places in the world. I love the snow...it's definitely a nice change from the aussie heat!

7. GalleyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like skiing- haven't tried snowboarding. Favorite place for skiing would be zweisimmen in Switzerland, it's really nice and peaceful, not to many people and very little queuing for lifts. Also as am not very good at skiing, plenty of blue runs which I like! (Definitely not a speed demon!)

8. musicenthusiast

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not great at snowboarding yet either, it's so difficult but fun! Awesome, they sound like great places!

Ooh I didn't know there were resorts in California, I thought it was a pretty warm climate, I've only been to LA though haha!

Oh cool! I lived in Queenstown for 5 years but never went to Cardrona. I would love to go to Montana, it looks so gorgeous! Yes I totally agree about the heat, I just want to live somewhere snowy!

I would love to go to Switzerland! Yeah I'm the same, I haven't ever been on anything harder than a blue run, I think I'd be terrified on a black run! I prefer to just relax and take in the surroundings.