1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webcomic Must-Reads List

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheSideKick, Feb 12, 2017.

1. TheSideKick

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey ya'll, I know I'm posting this really late but I just had to stay up so I could finally catch up on Spaceboy and it was worth it! :thumbsup: Though now I'll have to wait till it updates, but in the mean time I'm curious to know what webcomics are you currently reading? Do you have any recommendations? I'm always up for a new story to read.

2. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I remember reading Penny Arcade many moons ago, it could be quite funny as a gamer :grin:

3. LuciferMorningstar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Webtoons is a great site and app for Webcomics.
    Always Human has a lesbian relationship in it (iirc) and Snailogy is about a person struggling with their gender identity.

4. underthestars93

Homestuck is possibly my favorite webcomic I've ever read, and although it is now finished, it's incredibly long and read-throughs can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month.

Homestuck is about a group of 4 friends who play a video game that triggers the end of the world, and their quest to save it.

There's more than 50 /important/ characters, and each page usually consists of a image/gif and some text. However, it holds a very complex story, andin the 800,000+ words and 8 hours of videos/interactive flash games/flash movies they cover many topics, encompassing gender identity, complicated romances, unusual friendships, the meaning of existence, the irrelevance (and significance) of time, as well as discovering one's personal destiny.

Act 1+2 are barriers to the fandom; its hard to get through and deters a lot of potential fans, but it is significant in it's laying out the framework for the rest of the comic, but if you can get to act 3, you'll be glad you did. Homestuck is INCREDIBLY META, and much of the earlier part of the comic was made from an choose-your-own-adventure game that was played between the author and the webcomic's forum, so it has quite a few silly or nonsensical moments, but be aware; it's full of action, mild-vulgarity, epic battles, and MiRaClEs.

I really hope you enjoy!

5. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love webcomics...the best one I've read recently is Boys' Night by Max Landis and AP Quach, I find it completely heartwarming and beautiful, as well as (somewhat) sad. I couldn't think of a good way to summarize it but this is what Buzzfeed said about it:
    Disney as written by Judd Apatow. These Disney characters are now ruined child stars in Hollywood drowning their mid-llife crises in debauchery. I promise it’s much more heartening and less cynical than that sounds.
    It's fairly short, I read it in about twenty minutes. There is a lot of swearing though and some of the language is sexually suggestive, not too much.

And SuperMutant Magic Academy by Jillian Tamaki is amazing. It's like a fantasy novel mixed with coming-of-age mixed with LGBT characters and it's a little random too :lol: I found it to be so relatable though, even if it is about a magic high school...

I'm reading a few right now but I don't know what to think of them yet :grin:

6. BreakinDaylight

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I highly recommend Shoot Around. :icon_bigg It's on Webtoons, and it's very funny and interesting.

It's basically about a high school girls' basketball team and their coach in the zombie apocalypse. It has plenty of gay characters too which is great. :thumbsup: