1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You NEED to Watch "Love Stage!"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MisterMissy, Mar 10, 2017.

1. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anime may not be everyone's cup of tea. But screw it! Cause this is the freakin' BEST Gay anime love story I could have ever hoped for.

[​IMG]

Love Stage! is the story of young college freshman, named Izumi, who 10 years ago was a last minute replacement for a young girl who was supposed to perform a key role in a wedding magazine commercial, opposite another child star, named Ryouma. In the present day, Izumi and Ryouma, including Izumi's parents, are asked to reprise their roles in this magazine commercial, where the two young kids will now have their own wedding. However, Izumi was a boy playing a girl back in the old commercial, and must now do so again, except that Ryouma doesn't know that. And Ryouma? Well, he's been dreaming about that little girl he met all those years ago ever since that day, because her smile and pretty eyes gave him the confidence to keep pushing himself to greater heights in his acting career. In fact, he says he fell in love with that girl that day, and now has the fated chance to meet her again.

Problem is, he soon finds out that his forever love is actually a guy. But does this phase him? Does he relinquish these feelings of love for a girl turned boy? The short answer... NOPE!

But... what about Izumi. Does he write off these feelings from Ryouma as those of a crazy man? Or does he begin to take them seriously, and even question whether he has feelings too?

I won't spoil it. But I can say that you will not be disappointed. Cause this 10 episode mini-series is probably the most touching and rather honest presentation of a love story I have ever seen. But the fact that it's about a Gay romance makes it all the more poignant and powerful, especially because of how they handle it. :eusa_clap

You can watch the whole show now on Crunchyroll, free of charge (you'll just have to push through quite a few adverts each episode, but I managed to do it, lol).

Crunchyroll - Love Stage!! Full episodes streaming online for free

There are some questionable molestation scenes a few times (all above the belt), but the story presents them in a way that is at least... understandable?, even if such things are never acceptable. But beyond that, the show is very tame, there's no nudity, just really elegant shots of men's midriffs. :icon_redf And as I said, this story could not be more cute, touching, or amazing, especially by the end. If you're unfamiliar with anime, or have never watched a film or show with subtitles, then it might be a trick to watch. But please trust me when I say that it is worth it.

Please, please, PLEASE watch this show if you love Gay love stories and media. It was such a good thing to watch at this stage of my journey into my new gay romantic life. :icon_bigg

[YOUTUBE]pBJlcj5jDD0[/YOUTUBE]

#1 MisterMissy, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll add it to the ever growing list of anime I need to watch