1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symptoms of Being Human

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Casey221B, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Casey221B

This book is amazing. It's about Riley, a gendefluid teenager who is completely in the closet because of bullying and their father being a congressman. They also write an anonymous blog about their experiences. They are also kind of dating a super cool girl with a nose rings and are friends with an uber nerd football player named Solo.

Anyways, it's really cool. All the main characters are unique and interesting, and music also plays a pretty big part in it, which I really like. Riley's AGAB is never revealed, which is awesome because you won't fall into the gender binary trap of thinking of them as a genderfluid girl or a genderfluid boy.

The book really captures the feelings of being nonbinary, and the author isn't even nonbinary. It would be cool if they were, but the author certainly did their research.

2. whyarepeoplehot

I've read this book recently actually and it really helped me to understand that I am a genderfluid person. They explain in the book that their gender is like a compass. And that compass fluctuates between male and female, and that it doesnt really have to be one or the other, it could be in between. I really hold this book close to my heart because it helped me so much.