1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Casey221B, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Casey221B

This book is one of my favourite books of all time. It's about Simon Snow, who's in his last year at the magic school Watford. He's the chosen one, but in the words of his roommate, he's the worst chosen one who's ever been chosen.

So he has to save the world from a mysterious entity called the insidious humdrum with the help of his best friend Penelope, his girlfriend Agatha and his roommate Baz.

Anyways, the writing is great. It's funny and sad and sweet and really awesome. Plus there are actual queer characters. Plus, chapter 61 is basically the best chapter ever written.

2. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That book. Oh my god. I love that book. It also happens to be the reason I first started to question my sexuality.

3. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Ooh! Oddly enough I've got it in my bag right now; now I just need to start reading :grin:

4. PalindromeMary

Oooh I've not read carry on yet! But did you know that it's meant to be fanfic written by one of her other characters in Fangirl (also by Rainbow Rowell)? So it's like a spin off of that book!