1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The Shack" Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AlexJames, Mar 15, 2017.

1. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So we just got back from the movies - me, my little sister, and my mom. Me and my mom were off work tonight and my little sister's on spring break, so she decided to take us for a movie. With my mom its usually Christian-themed family movies which I've grown a dislike to cause they're very predictable and they always have a happy ending and i just can't relate to that. Life's not like that. So when she abruptly decided hey we're going to see that new christian film, i wasn't looking forward to it. But because at work every customer whose mentioned seeking it says they loved it, i decided to go into it with an open mind. I have always wanted to see a christian family film that was dark, realistic, that wasn't all sunshine and roses.

And it turns out this was that type of movie! I actually liked it, i really honestly liked it. I don't cry at movies and i nearly cried at times. Plus it wasn't your stereotypical christian film were the same lines and themes are said time and time again. The character for jesus in the movie actually has lines were he says he doesn't care about religion and such. It emphasized stuff about judging and that life means pain and it wont be fair and its the first movie that emphasized the fact god's not a cure all, and emphasized that forgiveness doesn't mean you don't feel angry at the people who wronged you. I've never seen a christian film like it, it really hit me. It hit me cause it hit so close to home in so many ways. Its definitely not your typical cringe worthy, happy go lucky, christian family film. Hell its rated PG13 lol. Has anybody besides me here seen it? I know there's a few who come from religious backgrounds on here.

I'm not even religious, but i was raised in a church since my tween years but its been a good decade since i stopped doing the whole religion thing. For the duration of that movie, suddenly the idea of religion appealed to me. That movie's something special. Or maybe its just the prominent theme throughout the film of a relationship with somebody that loves you no matter what. I always figured that's why people are religious, you know? They want somebody who loves you no matter what. I guess this is turning into my movie review of the shack plus my own personal issues lol. Oh well. I guess its relevant cause the movie centers around personal issues.

#1 AlexJames, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017