1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG Dare?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by EM68, Apr 18, 2009.

1. EM68

I have Verizon Wireless and my contract is up next month and they have new every 2 were you can get a new phone at a discount. I have a Samsung Gleam which I hate. I am on the road and so I want something where I can email and some internet access. I am thinking of getting the LG Dare. I like LG phones. Its one of the only phones that has a decent battery life and has not crashed on me. Does anyone have one? Any thoughts?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3885

2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It looks pretty good. First thought that it was pretty much an iPhone, so it's probably got similar technology; well tested, performs well...
    I have mixed thoughts as to whether it'll be as good / better / worse than the more popular touchy-multimedia-phone (eg iPhone). Granted, I've not spent time comparing the specs and features, but my hunch is that it'll be cheaper, and with that, you'll get equivalent performance etc for the Dare.
    However, I've had an LG phone in the past (though forget what it was exactly) but I remember it being very durable and user friendly, so my guess is that the Dare will be very good, like you think, and will have a very good lifetime usage. :slight_smile:

3. DexterMorgan

It's a pretty cool phone, I've played with it a Walmart. I've noticed that it is pretty responsive to my touch and the interface is pretty snappy as well. Seems like a good phone in my opinion.

4. DAMONdisaster

My JROTC teacher has one. She loves it and she was comparing it with the Glyde.

She pointed out the touchscreen is very responsive, it never freezes, battery life is good, the camera takes very nice pictures, and the Dare is better than the iPhone.

5. Derek the Wolf

I have an LG Dare with an 8gb MicroSD card. The screen is clear, responsive, and accurate once it's calibrated. The internet/e-mail is pretty fast. GPS is accurate (but it drains the battery). Texting and basic functionality is all smooth and simple. Calls sound good on both ends. Battery life is respectable. I recharge mine every 2-3 days with heavy usage (primarily texting and playing music). No real problems or gripes about it. OH, and the camera is absolutely incredible =3

6. EM68

I went to a Verizon Wireless store last night and looked at one for a few. It seems pretty cool. Thanks for the feedback guys!

7. DexterMorgan

I think I'm going to have to disagree with you there. :lol:

8. starfish

If you want mobile email, a BlackBerry is the only way to go in my opinion. They really are excellent phones.