1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best LGBT book you ever read?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pockets, Apr 1, 2017.

1. pockets

Favourite LGBT books!! I know there's a thread on books already, but I wanted to know people's number one favourite. I just read a book called Peter Darling, it's a retelling of Peter Pan where Peter is a trans man and falls in love with Hook and it's probably the best LGBT book I've read.

2. Misakii

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello! I read recently "the boy from the stars" by Chris Pueyo, it's like a biography of the author's life, the story of how he accepted himself, and how was coming out being rejected by the society. And other that I read in just 2 days is called "Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe" this one is so cute, also about coming out, and having someone at your side when it happens. I'll check Peter Darling one of these days

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say the best is Borrowed Time by Paul Monette, but my favorite is definitely Dancer from the Dance by Andrew Holleran.

4. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think Blue is the Warmest Colour by Julie Maroh was really good. Although I think they did an amazing job with the film too!

#4 HerRainbow, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  5. JeffMangum220

I sadly haven't read that many LGBT books (I've already read all of the books that my library has on the subject), but my favorite would probably have to be Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. It's such a sweet book, and it's sad at parts, and the author does such an amazing job of writing these characters to be believable.

Another recommendation would be another book by the same author, Benjamin Alire Sáenz. It's called The Inexplicable Logic of My Life, and it's just as good.

Also, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda is pretty great. I especially connected with the character of Simon, because I'm also a gay high school junior living in the horrible state known as Georgia. *shudder*