1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Musical Theater Nerds Around?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by whyarepeoplehot, Apr 11, 2017.

1. whyarepeoplehot

I'm really curious to know if anyone here is into musical theater? As a Broadway obsessed fan, I'd really like to find and befriend people with the same interests as me ^^. So if you do like musical theater what are your favorite musicals? And have you seen any live? My fave musical is Hairspray and I have seen live Kinky Boots, Guys and Dolls, In the Heights, Wicked (twice actually), Matilda, and Aladdin.

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've not really seen many as I have no-one to go with. I've seen Les Mis and I've seen Return to the Forbidden Planet about 10 times.

3. SassyJ

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Me! I love musicals so much. Les Mis is my all time favorite and seen it too many times to count.

I've seen the tour companies of In the Heights, The Book of Mormon, Evita, & Phantom of the Opera, & Les Miserables.

I've only seen one show on Broadway and it was Legally Blonde the Musical, right before Laura Bell Bundy left.

I've seen other shows with off-broadway, high school, and college companies.

I'm dying to see Wicked, Hamilton, Les Mis, and many others on Broadway or the tour companies and hopefully will be able too!

4. whyarepeoplehot

I never heard of Return to the Forbidden Planet! Thanks for adding one more to watch musical to my already way too big list of musicals ^^ and Les Mis is a classic, but I never really had a chance to see it, lucky you.

:000000 Oh my god you watched Legally Blond live with Laura Bell Bundy??? Actual goals tbh. I only got the chance to watch the West End version of the shows I went to or the movies when there were versions of them available or bootlegs when i find them

I totally recommend watching Wicked, its amazing, especially if you're able to see it from different perspectives. I, for example, watched it for the first time on the 1st row, which btw was an amazing experience. The 2nd time I watched it was all the way up on the Dress Circle which changes drastically the way you perceive the musical. I also wished I had the money to see Ham, but I'm broke af ;;;

5. SassyJ

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yep! I got to meet her and the cast afterwards too at the stage door. It was so amazing, one of the best experiences of my life.

I've seen Wicked and Hamilton on youtube as well as Rent on DVD but it's nothing compared to seeing it live which I hope to do very soon!

6. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw Hamilton in chicago with my school orchestra the day after the cubs won the world series. I bought the soundtrack (best $35 I've ever spent) and I listen to it all the time. I've seen Wicked in Chicago a couple times. And my father usually gets involved in productions at the local community college, so I've seen Chess and Urinetown. I've performed in The Pirates of Penzance (there's a reference to this in Hamilton, btw) and The Little Mermaid at my school. Great stuff.