1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quotes/Monologues

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Legnaj, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

What are your favorite quotes/monologues from a movie?

1.) KILL BILL
    "Bill: Do you find me sadistic? You know, I bet I could fry an egg on your head right now, if I wanted to. You know, Kiddo, I'd like to believe that you're aware enough even now to know that there's nothing sadistic in my actions. Well, maybe towards those other... jokers, but not you. No Kiddo, at this moment, this is me at my most...
    [cocks pistol]
    Bill: masochistic.
    The Bride: Bill... it's your baby...
    [BLAM!]

2.) Big Fish
    Will Bloom: A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him, and in that way he becomes immortal.

3.) Watchmen
    Rorschach: I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

I'm a sucker for Iorny

2. Shevanel

Like I said in the Favourite Movie Scenes thread somewhere else, my favourite Monologue type thing is in True Romance between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken, I would post it here, but some people would be offended haha. Its super amazing though.

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^Post it!

My favorite monologue isn't from a movie, but a book: The Count of Monte Cristo, Edmond's speech to the abbe in the dungeons after the abbe says he's probably going to die:

Also, the Joker's last dialogue in The Dark Knight, and Heath Ledger's last dialogue in a film:

4. Shevanel

I don't like some of the words they use in it. so I will not. its not for political correctness because I'm pretty opposed to it, its just for consideration purposes. I just think its one of the best scenes ever.

5. Greggers

Hello everyone my name is Elle Woods and I’m here to speak to you today about a piece of legislation called Bruiser’s Bill. But you know, today is supposed to be about education so instead I want to tell you about the education you all have given me over the past three months. See one day I came to Washington to help my dog Bruiser and somewhere along the way I learned a really… unexpected lesson.
    I know what you’re thinking, who is this girl? And what could this simple small town girl from Bel Air have to say to all of us? Well I’ll tell you, it’s about something that’s bigger than me or any single act of legislation this is about a matter that should be at the highest importance to every American, my hair.
    You see there’s this salon in Beverly Hills. It’s really fancy and beautiful but it’s impossible to get an appt. I mean unless you’re Julia Roberts or one of the girls from Friends you can just forget it. But one day, they called me. they had an opening. So I was finally going to get the chance to sit in one of those sacred beauty chairs. I was so excited. Then the colorist gave me Brassy Briggite instead of Harlow Honey. The shampoo girl washed my hair with spiral perm solution instead of color intensive moisturizing conditioning shampoo. finally the stylist… gave me a bob, with bangs.
    Suffice to say it was just wrong, all wrong, for me. you know? First I was angry and then I realized my anger was completely misdirected. I mean this wasn’t the salon’s fault. I had sat there and witnessed this injustice and I had just let it happen. I didn’t get involved, in the process. I forgot to use my voice. I forgot to believe in myself but now I know better.
    I know that one honest voice can be louder than a crowd. I know that if we lose our voice or let those who speak on our behalf, compromise our voice than this country, this country is in for a really bad haircut. So speak up, America, for the home of the brave. Speak up, America, for the land of the free gift with purchase. Speak up, speak up!

6. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This guy's walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out.
    A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, 'Hey you. Can you help me out?' The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and moves on.
    Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, 'Father, I'm down in this hole can you help me out?' The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on
    Then a friend walks by, 'Hey, Joe, it's me can you help me out?' And the friend jumps in the hole. The guy says, 'Are you stupid? Now we're both down here.' The friend says, 'Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out.'

-The West Wing

7. josh33

josh33 Guest

8. OneHatMadder

I love monologues!
    I have a folder full of them :grin:
    This is one of my favourites though:

(An actress in her late twenties runs up on the stage. She is nervous. She shields her eyes against the light. She is dressed in a slightly bizarre and trendy style. She carries in her arms a cat on a leash.)
    Actress: Hi. Hey Hi. Wow. All right. Nice place. Nice,uh, nice theatre. Good vibes. Okay....for my.....can you hear me? Can you? No? Yes? You are out there, right? (She puts the cat on the floor, her foot on the leash) O.K., so we're all here. Let's see..Audition! RAH! Get that part! O.K. My name is.....shit! I forgot my name. Right. This would be construed as craziness. My name is......I did. I forgot my name. My stage name. See, I decided to use my new stage name for this audition for, uh....luck. It was.....it was very....look, what d'you care, right? My human world name is Mary Titfer. Titfer. You got it? Goodo! O.K. Can you hear me? All the way back? Loud and clear Captain Marvel! A- O.K.!
    ......Now, one more introduction and we're under way. The, uh, small person on my leash is my cat 'Tat'. Get it? (points to herself). Titfer (points to cat.) 'Tat'. Right. You got it. Hey, we're waking up here! We're demonstrating consciousness. Okay. O.K. Now, you.... the imperial you....have a part. I, Titfer need a part. We are thus in tune. Synchronicity. Soooooooo, it's audition city! Now, 'I've got two parts for you today, and here's the surprise: I've got one classical piece and I've got one contemporary piece. Good. For my classical piece I will take off all my clothes. Now, why is this classical? Surly you jest. The body. The body is classical. It goes all the way back and all the way front. Har,har.
    Okay. O.K. Now, in the great tradition of auditions you may stop me at anytime. You can stop me one second after I start. But...BUT....and here's the stinger....(she takes a hammer out of her purse, and a nail) Bear with me okay? A simple task and I'll be back with you. (she nails the cat's leash to the floor.) There. Nice kitty. O.K. Stop me at anytime. Right. Just yell 'Thank you Miss Titfer'. Firm but courteous and zaparoonie. I stop. I nip the strip. But when I stop my classical piece, I shift imminently into my contemporary piece which is......full attention now......beating the kitty's head in with a hammer! Yipes! Holy Mackerel! Is this broad kidding? well, I wouldn't want to spoil it for you but I don't think she's kidding. So, option A....We will let this poor, desperate, deluded girl debase herself.....and I would, will, be debased. Mortified. I mean....no clothes here? In front of strangers? Or option b....We can yell 'Thank you Miss Titfer' and watch her clonk the kitty.....and remember, Miss Titfer is fast. It will happen in a flash. Kittyplasm....and haven't we,no, you actually killed the little puss? Or option C, the second to last option. We could give Mary Titfer the crummy, undemanding, twelve line, two scene part, which, let me assure you, any mildly competent average workday actress could do while standing on her head shouting 'You can take this job and shove it'........backwards. O.K. Last option. We could give her the part now and then when she splits, her and he furry hostage, we could take it away from her on the basis that she needs....shhhh....psychiatric attention. But, if you did that. If you did that, then Mary Titfer would find and Jacobean revenge. Kill the feline and, perhaps- disturbing thought- herself in a particularly garish and oriental manner RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. Now, she might not have the nerve but on the other hand we don't know. We just don't know.

9. Shevanel

10. GhostDog

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

I... might have read Dune more times than I can count. Maybe.

Mmmmaybe.

But never the sequels. Huh. Anyway, I loves that quote.

11. Iceeh

"I'm beyond tired. I'm beyond scared. I'm standing on the mouth of hell, and it is gonna swallow me whole. And it'll choke on me. We're not ready? They're not ready. They think we're gonna wait for the end to come, like we always do. I'm done waiting. They want an apocalypse? Oh, we'll give 'em one. Anyone else who wants to run, do it now. 'Cause we just became an army. We just declared war. From now on, we won't just face our worst fears, we will seek them out. We will find them, and cut out their hearts one by one, until The First shows itself for what it really is. And I'll kill it myself. There is only one thing on this earth more powerful than evil, and that's us. Any questions?"
    -Buffy Summers in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Season 7, episode 10)

Man, I love this monologue so much. It's all inspirational and powerful! :slight_smile: <3