1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kido Worm Removal

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pirateninja, May 20, 2009.

1. pirateninja

Right, my computer shows all the signs of the Kido worm; I can't update my Norton 360, it won't let me scan, I have tried installing "best of the best" Spyware Doctor, only to have it tell me I need to update it, then that failing, Malaware Malbytes won't open, Symantec Kido remover tells me I'm not the administrator...

So what do I do? I can't delete all my files, and there must be some way of removing it that doesn't involve removing all my files. Any help at all? If nobody has anything, I'm just going to take my laptop to my school's network administrator, because he has been removing it from school computers, so I think he'll do mine as well, but I'd prefer to get it done myself.

2. SlickyPants

My solution to these sorts of problems is usually to backup your data and reinstall your OS. Sure any kind of malware will be in your backed up data but with a fresh install of your OS it can't magically run itself so all it will do is sit inactive on your hard drive. Any kind of antivirus/antispyware software should be able to update itself on after that.

3. pirateninja

Ahhh, success! I got the free download of BitDefender, which has scanned my system, allowing me to update my Norton 360, and currently running a full virus and spyware scan of my hard drive.