1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Apocalypte, May 24, 2009.

1. Apocalypte

[​IMG]
    So, the new Dream Theater album leaked about a week ago - anyone else listened to it so far?

I have to say I like it, it's far better than Systematic Chaos. Yet again though they've released the weakest track on the album (A Rite Of Passage) as the single.
    [youtube]mscgEIjlFeA[/youtube]

The Count of Tuscany is cheesy as hell, but pretty damn epic. The Shattered Fortress ends the 12-step saga very well, referencing the other 4 parts (The Glass Prison, This Dying Soul, The Root Of All Evil, Repentance) nicely, and being a decent heavy song in its own right. The Best Of Times has a pretty decent SFaM-esque vibe going, it's pretty cool. :slight_smile:

2. kettleoffish

I have a copy :sunglasses: but I've only had a chance to listen to it through once, so I shall reserve my judgement until I have heard it through 4 or 5 times. I liked A Rite Of Passage myself, so maybe that means that if it is the weakest track, the rest of the album may be bloody fantastic?

hope so :grin:

[/fanboy]