1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melrose Place

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chaos, May 24, 2009.

1. Chaos

Melrose Place. The best television show in television history. In my opinion :icon_bigg

If you're not familiar with the show it was a primetime soap that aired on Fox in the 90's for 7 seasons. It was about the lives of 20 somethings living in an apartment complex. Melrose starred Heather Lockerlear, Josie Bissett, Jack Wagner, Laura Leighton, Daphne Zuniga, Marcia Cross, Kristen Davis, Thomas Calabro and many many more... An ever changing ensemble cast through out its 7 seasons.

Has any one ever watched it? I currently own seasons 2-4 & 5 volume one (anxiously awaiting volume two).

I am addicted to this show! The show had some typical soap opera style storylines; failed weddings, love affairs, schemes for money and power, lies, betrayals, murders, cat fights and whatever. It's a very interesting prime time soap.

Marcia Cross as Kimberly was probably the most entertaining character from the show. Forget Bree from Housewives. Kimberly was a dynamic character! Much like Sydney played by Laura Leighton. These red heads were fiery characters who often made the show interesting. They had some of the best storylines (apartment complex blowing up and the involvement in a prostitution ring).

The show featured an openly gay male character named Matt (Doug Savant). One of the firsts in 90's television. I actually hated him. :lol: He was also infamous for never having a gay kiss during his characters run on the show. But I found him annoying. Cute, but annoying.

I look forward to the reboot this fall on the CW. Laura Leighton returns from beyond the grave. Sydney "died" at the end of season 5 when she was bumped by a car on her wedding day. I wonder how they'll bring her back from the grave? :thumbsup: