1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help making a Cellphone ringtone:)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by rocking23, May 31, 2009.

1. rocking23

Phone: LG Neon

I edited this song into 30 seconds that i want to use as a ringtone on my phone. I saved the 30sec mp3 on my micoSD and put it in the phone. When I go select to use the song as a ringtone, I get the error message: "Only DRM file is available"

What does that mean and is there anyway to get around it so I can have my ringtone?

2. leonardo1145

leonardo1145 Guest

"DRM, which stands for digital rights management, is a technology used by content providers, such as online stores, to control how the digital media files you obtain from them are used and distributed. A file that is protected with DRM requires media usage rights to be delivered with the file. The media usage rights define how the protected file can be used. For example, a right may give you the permission to play the file on your computer (a play right), burn the file to an audio CD (a burn right), or sync the file to a portable device (a sync right). Each right can have certain qualities, such as the following:

• The right to play a file on your computer an unlimited number of times

• The right to sync a file to two portable devices five times per month

• The right to burn a file to an audio CD twice

A second kind of protected file is one that was created when copy protection was turned on when you ripped music from an audio CD."

found this online hope it helps.

3. Techcompu2

I would use the MAKE YOUR OWN feature on myxer.com it is free, if you have pix messaging, but you need to make a free account. I use it a lot to get my favorite songs onto my phone.

hope this helps!